Chapter 24: Savior Of Insanity

After the rise of Tatarigami, the Raiden Shogun placed wards called Narukami Pillar to suppress Orobashi's soul, hence subduing the Tatarigami.

Centuries from the past, the Mikage Furnace was built at Tatarasuna at the behest of the Tenryou Commission, using technology from Fontaine capable of harnessing the Tatarigami's energy to smelt Jade Steel. This decision has been hotly contested by the priestesses of the Grand Narukami Shrine, who believe that the Tatarigami are too dangerous to be trifled with.

Yet, humans sure are arrogant.

_____

After Yae finds out about the truth, she then analyze the situation while you do her a favor to keep it a secret from your families and friends since Yae was the only one who knows.

She knew how dangerous the Tatarigami is, especially to a living being. So, she's doing everything she can to save you from that curse hence she reported this to her close friend, the Electro Archon, though she didn't mention your name and situation; she just stated that the Tatarigami has secretly effected a few people and Yae needs her friend to locate the exact location of that powerful demon who you repeatedly met in your nightmares.

At last, they finally located that 'monster' and it has been hiding all along in the dark sea which is a term that refers to any location beyond the continent of Teyvat.

Because they are not within Teyvat's boundaries, those who dwell there do not live under the dominion of The Seven.

Despite being called a 'sea,' this term also encompasses landmasses.

Yae wanted to come along with you but on the other hand, you didn't want her to get involved further in this kind of situation.

And since you already knew the exact location of the reason why The Doctor purposely chose you in this 'experiment', you have no choice but to deceive Yae by telling her that you two will be going towards the dark sea tomorrow in the morning, when in reality- you already went ahead of her by going alone to that place tonight.

....

After you have arrived, your surroundings is dark, indescribably dark.

Usually there's moonlight, artificial light, starlight, something, but not there; there's nothing.

You walk further and further, shivering in anticipation of what you might find.

As you finally reached its depth, you try to move yourself, but you are restrained. You listen, but you hear nothing. You smell but you smell only something clinical. If it wasn't for your heart pounding and your lungs racing to catch up, you might imagine you are dreaming, but you're not. You are not!

"What's this? It seems to me that a little lamb has lost her way home and strangely ended up here in the dark sea."

A frightening voice startled you from behind as you quickly turned around and saw the monster you're looking for.

Eighteen pairs of blood-red eyes, thousands of sharp, venomous fangs. Countless mouths and numberless tongues which had something black oozing out of them.

"You..!"

You summoned your sword and prepare yourself to a striking position.

"You look so tense. Or rather... You look so weak. A weak mortal like you could be crash by a supernatural being like me. I also sensed that there's a dark aura flowing freely from your own body. Could it be perhaps... Hmm, how about I test you to it?"