Chapter 15: Snakes Of Yesterday

Five hundred years ago, a person in error was a person searching for the truth.

....

"Ms. Kamisato, we have arrived."

"...Hmm? Already?"

Believed it or not, it appears that you fell asleep on your way to Narukami Island and then thought that maybe the journey from yesterday- including today really tired you out. Luckily, the person who Gorou appointed was kind enough to let you sleep and wake you up when you had finally reached the Island.

"You should wait here and guard the boat, I don't wanna put you in danger by following me."

"Yes ma'am."

You set foot near Amakane Island as he then covered the boat with some seaweed and hide himself inside a small cave.

You put your mask on and didn't waste any bit of time as you head directly towards Byakko Plain to where the supplies were said to be located.

"...."

But when you arrived, there's nothing there other than an extinguish bonfire. You looked around before kneeling on one knee and inspect the burnt wood that was placed on the bonfire.

"...Looks like someone was here not long after I've arrived. Moreover, it seems that they were alerted that the Resistance army would likely come back for their supplies, but they didn't know who'll be coming, that's why they decided to move the supplies far away from here."

"Although, if they left just about an hour- or even for only a few minutes, then they couldn't made it that far. So the question is... Where?"

You stand up and gathered your own thoughts before quickly realizing the only possible way for them to go unnoticed by the Shogunate and the people was...

Going inside the Chinju Forest.

_____

The Chinju Forest, a tranquil and mysterious forest located at the foot of Mt. Yougou.

Here one can find Tanuki statues everywhere, torii gates scattered throughout the forest, and abandoned shrines hidden in the depths... Like a flowing river, they tell of legends meandering into a forgotten past.

Rumor has it that when walking in Chinju Forest, you may encounter a strange feeling that you're being watch by someone unknowingly.

....

When you arrived, you knew that looking around on plain sight will most likely don't get you anywhere. That's why you're confident of yourself that they hid it somewhere where most people couldn't even think of.

You continued to go deeper inside the forest and there you saw a strange large wooden box that's been placed on the ground.

You slowly head towards it and think that if the supplies were placed inside this box then why is it that no one was guarding them? Unless...

"..?!"

A group of Ronin suddenly ambushed you from above while others who hide behind some huge tree finally revealed themselves.

Luckily, you were able to dodge their surprised attack as quick as you could before grabbing your sword and blocked another attack that came from a Ronin who dashes towards you.

You gather your elemental energy and jump high enough to do a plunging attack before using your elemental burst.

"The specter of the Wind!"