Chapter 22: Kitsune's Affection (18+)

Following the massive events that had happened yesterday that causes some major changes towards the nation, the two Islands of Inazuma were now at peace again with the help of the Resistance and that cunning fox envoy.

Speaking of which, you haven't seen Yae around since her departure from the Plane of Euthymia. Perhaps she went back to the shrine after she'd purposely left you all alone with the Shogun.

Moreover, you also didn't have the chance to meet her when you'd finished having a private conversation with the Shogun since you went back to Fort Fujitou to have a proper farewell to the people there including the general and the Divine Priestess before coming home at the Kamisato estate.

The people of Inazuma then considered you as their saviour while the people of the Watatsumi Island considered you as their hero though you tried telling them that you just want your nation at peace and proving to your brother in this timeline that you can do more than just isolating yourself inside the estate as a way of 'protecting' you.

Today, you decided to pay Miko a visit to give her your gratitude in helping you by persuading the Electro Archon to abolished the Vision Hunt Decree. As you finally reached the top, your eyes directly landed on Yae who's standing near the entrance, grinning at you. Was she actually waiting for your arrival perhaps?

"Why hello there, did you miss me?~" Yae asked while smiling mischievously.

"Oh? How ironic for you to say that when you're the one who's waiting for me to come here. Nevertheless, I came here because I wanted to thank you in person once more since you purposely ran away from me yesterday." You deadpanned at her while she just chuckled by your reaction.

"Now, now, I'll let you know that I didn't ran away- rather, I have things to settle back here at the shrine. And... You knew that there are plenty more ways to thank me."

"Hmm~ now that we're currently on topic, I wanted to tell you that I was quite disappointed to myself today since I'd let myself be fallen in love with a mere mortal like you." She heave a short sigh but was enough for you to noticed.

"...So, I was just a mistake that you saw and took back then?" You questioned her while squinting your eyes.

"Oh my, you think I fell in love with you by a mistake only? Hehe, if that's what your currently implying to me, then..." She leaned in closer to you and whispered behind your ear.

"...I'll gladly repeat that kind of mistake~"

You closed your eyes and smile in embarrassment as though the kitsune had swayed you with her words.

"I must admit, I didn't see that coming."

"Good, 'cause you won't ever heard that word coming out from me ever again. So come along now."

Yae gestures for you to follow and you quietly obeyed. You observed the area if there are any shrine maidens around but luckily, there isn't one yet so you deliberately pulled Yae by the arm and forcedly pinned her on the wall.

"Oh my, feisty are we? Couldn't hold it in anymore?~"

You narrowed your eyes.

"I may have let you off the hook yesterday but I will not let you have your way this time. Today, you'll be recieving your punishment for the naughty things that you did to me."

"Oh? Couldn't we do it in my bedroom? The shrine maidens will be arriving about a minute now." Yae said that made you smirked.

"My priestess... That's exactly your punishment for today~"