Chapter 14: Seperated By Beliefs

Leaving Narukami Island at midnight gave you some advantages but also some disadvantages as well.

If you leave the Island at midnight, there's a higher chance that you won't be seen by the people or the Shogunate. Although, the only problem is that all the boats are most likely been held in Ritou and you are sure of it that the place was full of Shogunate Samurai since they're the ones who are guarding the entrance and exit due to the announcement of the Sakoku Decree.

That's why, you decided that you will start your journey from Amakane Island until you've reach Fort Fujitou and ask the Resistance especially their general if the Divine Priestess is currently there to discuss some private matters.

_____

It took you about almost a day prior just to reached Yashiori Island since you were busy dealing with the bandits, nobushi, fatui and a group of hilichurls along the way. Furthermore, you needed to look for some raw ingredients and cook it so you can fill your stomach and won't die from hunger.

"...!"

"Halt! Who are you? What's your business here, and how did you managed to find our base's location?"

Two army from the Resistance then aimed their polearms at you while you raised your arms up, clarifying that you meant no harm towards them before bowing in a formal manner.

"Kamisato Y/n, the youngest child of the Kamisato Clan. I came here personally since I needed to have a private conversation with the Divine Priestess of Watatsumi Island, Sangonomiya Kokomi about the war between the Shogunate Samurai and the Resistance army."

"I'm sure you're already aware that my sister is currently part of the Resistance, yes?"

They just both looked at one another and then inspect me from head to toe before lowering their weapons.

"That's right, although we've only heard a little about yourself."

"Hey, what's with the commotion all about? Are there any- huh? Y/n? You're... Here?"

"Gorou." You called out his name while he still seems to be surprised about your sudden arrival at their base.

"Ah, general Gorou, I guess we'll leave this matter to you."

They then bowed down their head before heading back towards their assigned location.

"Y/n, it's good to see you again, but what are you exactly doing here? And where's Ayaka?"

"Yes, about that... I left the estate without their permission so that I could come here and ask you if the Divine Priestess is here in Fort Fujitou?"

"Huh? Well, yes, Her Excellency is currently inside the campus reading some books about building different strategies. Though I'm still confused on why did you purposely left Narukami Island and then went here. Anyway, if you wanna meet Her Excellency then let me escort you to her."

"...That would be great, thank you, Gorou."

_____

....

"Your Excellency, I hope I'm not intruding right now but I have brought Y/n with you."

"Huh? Wait, Y/n?" The Divine Priestess asked as she puts the book she was reading aside.

"I apologize for my sudden and unexpected visit here, Kokomi, but may I request a private conversation with you? It's about a plan that I have in mind that can end the conflict within both Islands."