Chapter 16: Bravery In The Shrine

You were currently frozen on your place. How did she knew? Have she seen the logo that's attached to your outfit? Or was she just bluffing?

Random questions suddenly rushed into your mind but you decided to ignore all of it and face her once more.

"Pardon? Perhaps you're mistaken me for someone else?"

You said it yourself that you would ignore those questions inside your head, but it appears that more of it are coming inside. If she did knew that it was you behind the mask you're now wearing, then is she going to tell your brother and your sister about this?

"..?!"

While you were busy dealing with your own thoughts, you didn't noticed that she was now currently standing in front of you. Her sudden action caught you off guard as you tried to take a step away from her but was then stopped when she suddenly grabs you by the arm and pulls you back closer to her as her other hand was now placed near your chin.

Due to her action, you suddenly flinched when you felt a spark connection between you two and thought that maybe Yae did too since her ears lightly twitched but her expression remains the same.

It was more than an electrical shock, a heat accompanied it and ran up to your arm and stopped your ability to think.

Suddenly, you couldn't breathe or speak intelligibly. Your heart was pounding so loud you felt you might faint. For a moment it was as if time had stopped.

"Hehe~ I'll let you know that my intuition are always accurate, O master of disguise." The fox envoy said.

Without further hesitation, she took off your mask or rather- you let her take it off, revealing your identity towards her. She wasn't shocked or anything, instead she just grins at you.

Oh, her eyes, especially the expression that she makes in front of you felt the urge that you wanted to kiss her lips so bad.

Since the mask was now gone, your faces are just inches apart from one another until you've noticed that she was now lifting your hand with hers as she then inspects it.

"Dear me, you shouldn't ignore this kind of cut since the Kairagi who did that to you infused his sword with elemental energy. You knew that leaving it that way in the open would cause you a serious injury later on."

She eventually let's go of your arm before turning around and signaled her hand for you to follow.

"Now, come along now, let's go back to the Grand Narukami Shrine and treat this wound of yours."

You just stayed silent while feeling a little bit of confused about the situation.

"Wait- Lady Guuji, how did you managed to figure it out so early?"

"Hmm?~ Let's just say that your aura feels oddly familiar to me."

'What..?'

"Well? Don't just stand there, come now, don't keep me waiting for too long."

Without waiting for your reply, Yae started walking.

"...."

_____

After a while...

You followed her without a word, and arrived at the Grand Narukami Shrine.

Before you two went up towards the Shrine, you took the supplies from earlier inside the crate and bring it with you.

And as expected, she directly led you to her room once again like the way she once did to you in the present.