Chapter 23: Mending My Destiny

The meaning that lies behind the name 'Watatsumi' is simply the unrequited hopes that the abandoned people who dwelt in the deep sea pinned upon the serpent god that led them.

And it was also because the serpent god now had people who worshiped it that it stayed in the world it should have long fled, breaking off the coral branches that adorned its body, treading upon land where it should not have, and facing a foe it could never hope to match.

Till at last, its divine form was sundered along with the mountains, its ichor turned into plasma, and its will and power became a curse that could never be extinguished- the Tatarigami.

....

Many months had already passed since you'd helped fixing the crisis within the Islands of Inazuma- no, actually, it's been almost a year now since the Doctor had transported you a year prior to the past for his'experiment'.

Along those day after you unexpectedly received that strange'memory' that flashes inside your mind, your head hurts so badly- especially at night. You feel like your head is going to explode. You started to cough blood and have nightmares every night, though you didn't tell a single soul about your situation since it's quite difficult for them to understand and you didn't want them to worry, especially Yae.

Within those months and since the Raiden Shogun now took away the barrier that's been stopping the curse of a god's remain at your request, you didn't waste any more of your time and set off towards Kannazuka in hope that you will find the answers that you've been looking for.

...And maybe that was your first mistake.

One time, when you secretly went all alone inside Tatarasuna to explore the area, you were then cut off from your own consciousness as you didn't know what was currently happening to your surroundings and as if something had taken control of your own body.

After you regain access to your own mind again, you hold your head and shook off the unwanted feeling that you've felt. That's when you noticed that some blood were dripping down to the ground, so you quickly checked your hand and it was full of blood stains, but the only problem is... It was someone else's.

Furthermore, you realized that you'd summoned your sword and you were currently holding it and you were surprised as well since it was also covered by blood.

"...Whose blood are these?" You asked yourself until you'd sniffed something horrible behind you.

"Wait- this smell..."

You quickly turned around to check if what you had guessed was true and it certainly was. You were currently shocked on what you're now seeing as you let your sword fell down to the ground causing a metallic sound.

"No way... This is..."

It was a huge pile of dead Fatui soldiers lying lifelessly on the ground. You are sure that there were more than twenty soldiers in front of you as though they were massacre and you still couldn't believe what you seen and kept asking yourself if your eyes were playing tricks on you.

"Did I... No- I couldn't possibly..."

"..?!"

A severe and serious headache once again have occurred as you deliberately clutched your head hard.

"Arh..!"

You closed your eyes and the memory of 'that' night suddenly rushed over you to remind you of 'his' words and the true purpose of your journey.

That fated night...

As were lying on the floor, The Doctor walks up to you.

"...and as a perk for being my past and only lover, let me explain it to you on what are you going to do in this experiment, so listen carefully."