Chapter 7: A Letter From Her Excellency

It was midnight. You'd never been out this late before. Usually, you finished up your task and duty earlier than a given time but that wasn't some duty that you went to tonight. The Chinju Forest was now deserted and your footsteps echoed in the darkness.

"Are they already asleep at this hour by any chance..? But even if they are, there are still some Shogunate who are guarding the entrance of the estate..."

As you pondered yourself with a question on how to enter the Kamisato residence, without you noticing, you suddenly remembered the Vision that you obtained from the past.

You took a deep breath and let the wind guide your path until you've finally reached the entrance of the estate. Luckily, there are no Shogunate that's been currently standing still at the entrance and you thought to yourself that maybe they have a patrol going on as you quickly enter inside.

The room was quite dark as though there aren't any people who stays here and then becomes abandoned by them.

You were about to directly sneak into your room, that is, until you noticed a piece of white envelope that's been lying on the floor in front of your brother's room.

You went closer and grabbed the back of the envelope before flipping it in front to see who the sender was but as soon as you flipped it, you already knew who it belongs to just by seeing the sealed mark that's been attached to outside the envelope.

"...It's from Her Excellency herself?"

You were quite confused as well as being curious on what contains some kind of information that the Raiden Shogun want to discuss about from the letter inside.

You quickly find a corner with a dim light on its surroundings as you carefully read the letter.

Dear Commissioner,

Recently, some Shogunate that's been patrolling Kannazuka have noticed and reported a numerous event that contains some sort of toxicity that's found within the area and was located near Tatarasuna. In the reports they explained that it wasn't just from the Mikage Furnace- the largest smelting facility in all the islands of Inazuma. War has brought production to a halt although they added that someone's been trying to restore it so they can once again use it and take advantage of the construction.

The statement of the witnesses includes that maybe the recent event has something to do with the 'Tatarasuna Mystery'. So, I formed this letter to you along with the two clans that are part of the Tri-commission to gather and discuss this sort of matter in hand tomorrow morning inside Tenshukaku.

Sincerely,
The Raiden Shogun.

"...."

"What... Did I just read..?"

The letter quite surprised you since, mostly, she would just discuss about the affairs that you took and the progression that you made as one of the representative from the Tri-commissions.

Dealing with this sort of matter is only to be dealt by the Tenryou Commission since they handle the military and police affairs of Inazuma. So, the Tri-Commission including the Raiden Shogun herself announcing a meeting together at Tenshukaku and to discuss this governmental issue and affairs must have already cause a lot of problems that you don't know of.

"Y/n..?"

"...!"

A feminine voice called out to you as you quickly turned around and hid the letter behind your back. The lights suddenly went on and it was your own sister who's now standing in front of you.