Chapter 19: Battling In The Country

War is wretched beyond description, and only a fool or a fraud could sentimentalize its cruel reality.

....

You and the Resistance army reached Nazuchi Beach and surely the Shogunate army were there, standing their ground from the front lines along with their tengu general, Kujou Sara.

The atmosphere around the area suddenly became heavy since both parties aren't lowering their weapons.

"Well, well, well, looked who finally decided to show up. I'll let you know that we'd received several reports in our station about your rebellious group that's been reaching our boarders let alone having the courage to set foot in Narukami Island in secrecy."

The general of the Resistance then took a step forward.

"Even if planned out to go to Narukami Island by our will, I am sure of it that we didn't go there just to cause some trouble."

"Oh? Are you sure about that? Then perhaps you wouldn't mind me asking a certain person about this?"

Their general then shifted her gaze and tried looking for that specific person amongst the Resistance until her eyes landed on you. Gorou then immediately understood the situation and was about to take a stand to protect you, but you halt him with your hand.

"You. I don't know who you are but you're certainly giving the Tenryou Commission different kinds of problems."

"Releasing the prisoners who had been caught from the Decree, snatching away the Visions that the Shogunate took from their bearers, making a false application for the outsiders in Ritou so they were able to roam freely around Inazuma, and most of all, helping the Resistance army by opposing the orders of the Almighty Shogun."

"You're the one that's been causing our forces so much trouble. The fact the Resistance has even held out for this long is thanks to you."

"Although, I have a proposal to make with the general of the Resistance. If you surrender her to us, we'll be sure that you won't encounter this kind of circumstances ever again unless it is needed to. Likewise, we won't trespass from your borders without a valid reason."

After Kojou Sara was finished talking, you closed your eyes behind your mask and heave a sigh.

'As expected...'

You took a side glance from the corner of your mask and noticed that the Resistance soldiers were clenching and gripping their polearms tightly from the statement that the tengu general had made.

"Calm down. Don't let her words bother your mind." You said to them while your face was still fixated towards their general.

"Perhaps you're missing the point on why the Resistance wanted to rebel against the Tenryou Commission and to Your Excellency, the Raiden Shogun." You stopped for a moment before continuing.

"Though she is the deity and the one who rules over Inazuma as the Electro Archon, her way of handling her own nation are severe and against her peoples' wishes. How can you call Inazuma a nation if the people who are supposed to be created by a shared belief from their Archon inside the country aren't even properly communicating and connected towards each other?"

Your sudden proclamation about this topic made your surroundings go silent as they looked at one another as though they came into a sudden realization except for one person.

"How dare you speak ill to the Almighty Shogun. I won't accept such nuisance like this."

You then crossed your arms.