Chapter 13: Deceiving The Past

History repeats itself, but in such cunning disguise that you never detect the resemblance until the damage is done.

....

You were currently sitting on one of the stalls and beside you was Taroumaru. Your sister, Ayaka was now having a conversation with your friend Thoma around the corner where you can actually see them but you pay no attention to it and rest your head on the table.

"Umm... So hey, milady... Did something came up while you took milady Y/n around Inazuma City? She seems to be quieter than the usual."

"Unfortunately, yes. A Vision-bearer shouted for help and there, I noticed Y/n rushed towards the situation and began talking to the Shogunate who snatched the Vision away from it's holder about the Vision Hunt Decree from which she had stated that it already ended a year and half- well, that's what she said."

"In addition to that, I know that she holds the public order that's somewhat similar to the ones in the Tenryou Commission but you already knew that Ayato won't let her go out that much especially when she's alone due to the 'incident' that my brother heard about when she's still studying at the Akademiya, but..."

"Back there... Even she had no experience handling the public order, I noticed that her expression and tone was so solemn as though she had already encountered that kind of situation before. Furthermore, it seems like she was the one who holds much higher authority than the Shogunate in command."

"Woah really?"

"Indeed, I was a bit shocked myself."

"But milady, could it be possible that the Vision Hunt Decree that been held by the Almighty Shogun has finally come to an end a year prior?"

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to say yes doesn't it? Anyway, let's go check on Y/n and inform her about the situation that came from the Divine Priestess of Watatsumi Island."

....

"Milady, sorry to bother you but are you alright? If you need anything, feel free to tell me so that I can assist you." Thoma said.

You took a side glance at him and then smiled before placing your head on the table once again.

"There's nothing for the both of you to worry about. I'm just a bit tired from the training and all I need is just some rest."

"Oh okay, then, we'll fill you up later about the situation in Watatsumi Island. Have a good re-"

"Wait- did you just say Watatsumi Island? Is this about the Resistance?"

Your sister nodded,"Yes, it seems that the Shogun's army are advancing towards Yashiori Island. If they are able to reach Fort Fujitou, then one of the Resistance's base will most likely be found out."

"...."

The Inazuma Shogunate refers to the Watatsumi Army as the 'Sangonomiya Rebels,' or simply 'rebels.'

The Resistance was comprised of those who fear losing or have already lost their Visions to the Tenryou Commission, and those who are against the Vision Hunt Decree whether they have Visions themselves or not.

You aren't sure if the civil war between the Shogunate and the Resistance army would end directly if you tell them that the Fatui was the one who's adding more fuel to the flame.

Although, if you try changing the future so that you could save the lives of the people who once battled for their own beliefs and understanding of this war then does that mean you're changing one's fate as well as deceiving one's future?