Chapter-7

Continuation from the previous part...

The ones who where there for India vs West Indies left for the airport and the rest of them left to their respective homes. They all were travelling by the team bus only. They reached the airport within half an hour. One by one everyone started getting down the bus the last ones to get down were Nandani and Rohirat.

Nandani went numb because of the flashes of the camera. Rohirat saw this and immediately went to her side.

Vi:- Nandi bacha go inside with Ro ok I am coming in few minutes.

Ro took Nandani inside. Virat lashed out at media.

Vi:- Can't you give us some privacy??? Always behind each one of us. Atleast spare her from your so called breaking news.

He went inside and saw Nandani clinging to Ro. She was surely scared becuz of sudden attention. Vi went and took her in his embrace.

Vi:- Calm down bacha. You are safe with us.

Nandani calmed down in his presence. Vi made her have some water.

Vi:- You ok???

She just nodded.

Vi:- Want to have something??? Ro fetch some coffee for her plz.....

Ro went to get something for her. She was holding Vi's hand to assure herself. Vi was so angry on the media looking at her scared.

Ro got some coffee for everyone. He passed it to Nandani.

Nan(meekly):- I don't want it bhai...

Vi:- Take it bacha.

Ro:- Nandu yeh kya baat hui. Main tere liye itne pyaar se laaya coffee. Tu sirf Vi ki hi behen hai thik hai main hu hi kaun...

Nan:- No bhai nothing like that. Ok I will have it.

He passed her the coffee.

Rits:- Nandu, don't worry ok. We all are there for you.

Riva:- Yes. You won't get bored between these monkeys.

Jaddu:- Oi. Don't call us monkey.

Prithi:- Jaddu bhai you all are monkeys.

Nats:- True that. I don't know how Mahi bhai handles them.

They all made a bad face hearing their wifes.

Nan:- Bhabhis don't call them monkeys. They may be annoying or irritating the hell out of someone at times but they are the best people I have ever met in my life. They are so popular but yet so humble and down to earth. They accepted me with open hands. They are....

She was about to say something more but was cut short by Virat.

Vi:- Bacha bas. Enough of your praising the team session. We have to board the plane.

They all chuckled and Nandani pouted. They all boarded the plane.
Nandani was sitting with Virat and Bhuvi as their wives weren't accompanying them.

Nan:- Vi bhai...

Vi:- Yes Nandi.

Nan:- I am going to Kolkata for the first time. Can you tell me something about it???

Vi:- I would love to show you not just tell. See day after tomorrow we have our first match and as all the matches are at Eden garden only. We will roam around.

Nan:- Ok bhai.

She took out a novel. Vi saw that.

Vi:- Which book???

Nan:- It ends with us by Colleen Hoover.

Vi:- What is it about??? I mean general idea.

Nan:- The story is heartbreaking and inspiring, sad and happy, romantic and painful. This is what my friend told I am yet to begin reading.

Vi:- Ok. Once you complete reading plz tell me the story.

Nan:- Ok bhai.

Vi plugged in his airpods and started listening to the songs. After a few minutes he saw Nandani sleeping on his shoulder. He smiled and kissed her forehead.

Bhuvi:- She slept???

Vi:- Yeah. Everything that happened on the airport took a toll on her.

Bhuvi:- Yes... We have to do something...

Vi:- Bhuvi call the boys I have something to tell them.

Bhuvi called every one there.

Vi:- Guys we have a task in our hand. We have to take Nandani safe to our team hotel without media attention.

Ro:- Yes... She is not yet ready to face those people.

They all planned something. Within 2 and a half hour they reached Kolkata. Nandani was a bit hesitant and everyone saw that.

Bhuvi wrapped his hand around her shoulder protectively.

Bhuvi:- Don't worry kiddo we are there with you.

She just nodded. They all took the side exit instead of the main exit where the media was standing. As soon as they got into the bus Nandu thanked them.

Ro:- It was Vi's idea.

Nan:- Thanks Vi bhai.

Vi:- No need bacha. Even we wanted to avoid them.

They all reached the hotel and went to their respective rooms. They decided to meet for dinner at the dinning hall after an hour.

After freshening up they all came to the dinning hall except Nandani.

Vi:- Where is Nandi???

Ro:- I knocked on the door but she didn't respond. I think she slept.

Bhuvi:- Vi let's have our dinner then we will wake her up and make her have something.

Virat though half heartedly had his dinner. Later Rohirat knocked on Nandu's door but no response. They tried again but the result was no different. They started panicking.
Ro went to get a master key from the receptionist. Vi started banding the door more loudly.

Vi:- Bacha open the door... You are scaring your bhai...

Hearing the loud bangs of the door even Ritika came out whose room was next to Nandu's room.

Rits:- Vi what happened???

Vi:- She is not opening the door. We tried but she is not even responding.

Rits:- Where is Ro???

Vi:- He went to get the master key.

On the cue of that Ro came running with the key. Virat snatched it from him and unlocked the door. All three of them barged. The sight in front of them scared them to hell.....

Cliffhanger!!!!!!

___________________________________

Precap:-
Care and love of the team.

Next update:-
06/03/2023

The story has crossed 3K+ reads. Hope you all are liking the story. Thank you for the ones who voted and commented on the last chapter. Suggestions are always welcomed.

Thank you.....