Chapter -29

Next Day,

    Today it was MI VS DC. She was in the stands with Ritika and WAGs of MI team. DC won the match with 4 wickets and 10 balls left. She went to the DC side though she was nervous with so many people around, she wanted to meet her little brother. She was about to approach Rishu who was talking to Axar but was stopped by Kuldeep.

Kul:- Nandani Di.

Nan:- Hey Kul. How are you???

Kul:- I am good but Rishabh is not.

   Nandani frowned hearing that from him. He pointed towards Rishabh who was being surrounded by the team but was still lost.

Kul:- He has been like this since days. Aap baat karke dekho na.

Nan:- Don't worry Kul, I came here to talk to him only. He wasn't answering my call yesterday so I came here.

    They were talking when suddenly someone hugged Nandani from behind. Nandani got startled but relaxed when she saw Rishu hugging her.

Nan:- Rishu.

Rish:- I missed you di alot.

Nan:- I missed you too bache. I called you yesterday but you didn't pick up.

Rish:- Di woh I...

Nan:- Kuch hua hai kya Rishu... di ko nahi batayega???

Rish:- Can we go inside and talk??

    She nodded and told Kuldeep with gestures not to let anyone enter otherwise Rish won't share his feelings. They sat on the bench in the dressing room.

Nan:- Hmm... so now tell me where are you running your brains???

Rish:- Di I think I am not worthy of being the captain of this franchise. I am doing justice to it. Last year also we couldn't win and it feels wrong that today also I couldn't contribute to the team.

Nan:- Rish... why to take so much of stress. Let's take one step at a time.

Rish:- Di... ek baat puchu???

Nan:- Yes...

Rish:- Aap kaise handle karte thhe yeh trolls aur yeh social media nonsense.

Nan:- Simple hai bacha. Don't look at them, be with your loved ones and talk to whom you are closest to.

   Rohit came in and saw them talking. Nandani said not looking at him.

Nan:- Whoever it is leave. Don't you understand that I asked no one to enter

Ro:- Really??? Ok then I'll leave.

   Nandani looked at him and her eyes widened.

Nan:- Bhai no... I...

Ro:- Chill Nandu I am kidding.

   He went and hugged Rishabh.

Ro:- Kaisa hai bacha???

Rish:- Good.

Ro'- So kya baatein chal rhi hai???

Nan:- Nothing just random talks. Baat nahi hui humari bohot din se so thought to talk.

Ro:- Ohh nice.

Rish:- Di aap next match mein aaoge???

Nan:- Tomorrow's match is the last one after that I won't be able to come. Exams hai so I need to prepare for that.

Rish:- Ohh...

Nan:- It's alright kiddo. Whenever in Mumbai you  can come and meet me and I am just a call away.

    They all left home.

Leap of few days,

    Nandani was stretching nights studying. Her sleep reduced to 3 hours only and her diet also reduced but Ritika made sure that she eats well. Whenever matches were in Mumbai the ICT members would come and visit her. Her exams were starting from the next day so she was studying late at night. She slept while studying for the exam with her laptop on her lap while sitting on the couch in the living room. Rohit who came to check on her saw that and shaked his head in disbelief. He closed her laptop  and arranged her books properly on the table and then caressed her hair. She smiled feeling the warmth. He carried her to her room. Nandani woke up feeling her being in air and saw her Ro bhai carrying her.

Nan:- Ro bhai...

Ro:- Shh... sleep kiddo..  you need rest so that you can write your exams.

Nan:- But I need to revise.

Ro:- I will wake you up in the morning as such you have your paper in the afternoon so you have enough time to revise. Now no arguments and sleep.

    He caressed her hair making her fall asleep. He smiled and kissed her forehead making her to smile in sleep.
He turned to go to his room and saw Ritika standing leaning on the door smiling. He returned the smile.

Rits:- I am surprised that you woke up.

Ro:- Kiddo is stressed and looking her like that makes me worried.

Rits:- Don't worry Ro. It's just the exam stress. Once her exams are over we will make sure that she is back to her normal routine.

    They both left to their room after making sure Nandani was sleeping.

______________________________________

Precap:-

Haven't thought

Next update:-
16/10/2023

Thank you for those who voted and commented on the last chapter. Suggestions are always welcome.

Thank you...