Chapter-24

The team and Nandani got busy with the practice sessions and all. The ones who weren't a part of the squad were exploring the places.

It was the practice session a day before the match. Nandani was sitting in the dug out observing everyone and studying their reports. She was studying the reports carefully when everyone yelled.

Everyone:- RISHU!!!!!

She looked up and saw that Rishabh was holding his elbow wincing in pain. She kept her laptop aside and immediately rushed on the ground with the kit bag.

Nan:- Rishu... Let me assess it...

He just shooked his head and turned to the other side.

Vi:- Rish... Let her assess it na kiddo.

Rish:- I won't be able to play tomorrow na. Such an idiot person I am. Knowing how much important this match is I hurted myself. They all are right... I should be dropped.

He was about to continue but Rohit cut him off.

Ro(sternly):- Where is it coming from MR.Pant. I don't remember anyone from the team or Nandani asking the selectors to drop you.

Nan:- Rishabh come with me right now no arguments.

She took him to the dugout. Others resumed their practice. She dressed his wounds while he was lost in his own thoughts. Nandani just sighed. She cupped his face.

Nan:- Rish, it's alright bacha. Just a minor injury. Don't worry you will be able to play tomorrow.

Rishabh looked at her with innocent eyes.

Rishu:- Sachi???

Nan:- Yes kiddo. But why weren't you letting me assess it hmm??? You should always inform when hurt and let the physio assess it. And why you read all those comments haan??? How many times Vi bhai, Ro bhai and Mahibhai tried to explain you but no... Hume toh check karna hi hai...

Rishabh just looked down.

Nan:- Give me your phone.

Rishabh gave her his phone immediately.

Nan:- Now you won't get it atleast till you learn how to use social media handles without letting those faceless useless people affect you and your game. Am I clear???

He just nodded. Nandani ruffled his hair.

Nan:- Now go get back to practice.

He joined the team. Virat and Rohit came to talk to Nandani.

Vi:- Kiddo... Rishabh is alright na???

Nan:- Ya it's just a minor injury. All what he said was becuz of social media comments by some faceless idiots who would probably sitting in the AC and commenting on the team.
I have confiscated his phone. He won't get it unless he learns to handle social media.

Ro:- Hmm... This kids... How many times we told them not to check on the social media but no we are mad right... Tere se hi seekhe hai yeh log Vi.

Vi:- Oi... Why are you dragging me in between???

Ro:- Kyuki tu bhi social media se affect hota hai... They are following  your footsteps only.

Nan:- Bhai please stop fighting. Go now practice.

They both went to practice. They all wrapped up around 5 and went back to the hotel. Nandani freshened up and came out and saw all the kids waiting for her.

Zivu:- Bui...  We want to talk to Rockstar.

Nan:- Bacha wait for sometime. I have to talk to Mahibhai about something then we will call.