Part 22 : After talk

He supposed they could have planned this night better, but given the unexpected way things have panned out in the end, he guessed he didn't really have much to complain about.

He'd taken the liberty to hop into the shower first before P'Mew could claim it, mumbling about catering to his stomach's welfare once he was done cleaning up. P'Mew very obviously heard him, because once he stepped out of the bathroom in his hotel complimentary white robe, towel in hand and rubbing his still-dripping wet hair dry, P'Mew told him that he'd already ordered dinner and that it's on the way.

Dinner was...nice. A little awkward at first, but nice. Gulf guessed he had no one to blame but himself for it, given the way he'd acted right after P'Mew's very unexpected admission earlier. Part of him was surprised upon hearing it, the other, bigger part was worried and equal-parts giddy for some unknown reason.

Quite frankly, dealing with his own conflicting emotions was one thing, but doing it while the person who literally caused it was near was another. Gulf found himself retreating to the other room once they were done eating, half-expecting P'Mew following after him, and equal-parts hoping he would be left alone for a moment to think.

Just a moment to himself to think things through even though he had no idea how to do it. How could he, when he could still feel his pulse picking up every damn time he remembered how good it felt lying there on the bed, with P'Mew's weight pinning him down, those capable hands on him and touching him everywhere. Those perfect lips leaving trails of heat on his skin, marking him, kissing him, loving every damn inch of him and doing it all over again.

The room he'd stepped into looked almost identical to the one they ended up in when they got here, the only thing he noticed when he walked inside and sat absently on the bed. He was perfectly aware that he might be showing off the wrong impression by his actions - refusing to look and talk to the other man instead of telling him what he was thinking, but how could he even begin to explain things when he had no idea what he was feeling either?

The confusion was one thing - it would have been easier to deal with it if he knew what he'd gotten himself into, if he knew exactly what this was to begin with - but with fear and uncertainty thrown into the mix too, it was, for the most part, unsettling.

Evidently, this was no longer about keeping appearances. Pretending only worked if they were still playing by the same rules they agreed to follow in the beginning. Obviously, their accidental meeting took care of that. Everything was completely different now, from the moment he'd asked P'Mew to meet him, and every single thing that happened in between, the decision that brought them together right here.

What happened tonight, earlier, already meant so much to him than he'd dared to admit, and if that wasn't enough to make things even more complicated than they already were to begin with, P'Mew admitting he felt inexplicably possessive over him obviously did.

But it was one thing to admit it, to say it out loud for Gulf to hear, and a completely different matter to know that P'Mew meant it. Gulf didn't want to think P'Mew was lying, or that he was just saying this to keep things interesting, but a part of him was wondering about all of it.

The appearance of that guy earlier at the venue, and then at the hotel later obviously didn't help. And P'Mew obviously trying to distract him to divert the topic somewhere else when he'd asked about it again was both suspicious and worrying.

"I thought we already agreed about talking things out instead of keeping quiet about it, or did I just imagine it?" P'Mew asked from the direction of the door, and effectively startled him.The question felt entirely justified, given the way he'd chosen the other way out instead of staying there to talk to P'Mew about it, which he couldn't, obviously, because he was an idiot.