Part 35.2 - Getaway

A/N: WARNING!!!!!  Mentions of rape, details of it almost vivid, as recalled by the main character. If that's going to make you feel bad, turn away now, take care of yourself and your mental health. Let's prioritize our peace, okay?

---

He'd gotten his permission to leave the car some twenty minutes after they arrived at the hotel, P'Best doing what he was so very good at by finding a secluded area to park the car where he could inconspicuously check the surrounding area for anything and anyone that looked suspicious from his vantage point. He'd also been told to be vigilant, and to keep his head down while he walked to the hotel and avoid anyone's eyes if he could.

P'Mew had been in the room for a while, having arrived there around twenty minutes earlier before they did. Gulf had been on edge by the time he stepped out of the car with his bag hitched up his shoulder, passing through the security and hoping against hope he hadn't been recognized when he was stopped briefly to ask if he was there to check in or for some other business. He'd simply mentioned he was there to meet a friend and they allowed him through.

He didn't bother asking for directions to find the room where he was supposed to meet with that friend. P'Mew took care of that even before Gulf managed to ask earlier while he was in the car, and they were chatting to pass the time. He took the elevator up to the fifteenth floor, turned to the right after he'd stepped out of the elevator and walked straight to the end of the hallway.

Room fifty-eight was there, right up at the very end of that long stretch of dimly lighted hallway. Gulf managed to get there as quickly as he could manage it, luckily without meeting anyone on his way there. He knocked once just to announce his arrival and to let P'Mew know that it was him, turned the knob and slid inside.

P'Mew's arms were instantly there to welcome him.

He dropped his bag in haste, not really caring where it landed as he folded his arms around P'Mew before he could even consciously realize he was doing it, barely remembering locking the door behind him until P'Mew was reaching past him to do it himself. Then, he was being backed against it, one of P'Mew's hands cushioning his head before he hit himself against it.

"Oh god, you're here. My baby's finally here. God, you smell amazing. I missed you. I missed you so much." P'Mew breathed into his temple, pressing kisses across his face, every inch of skin bared to him as Gulf clung to the older man for dear life. And then they were kissing, P'Mew's hand gentle on his cheek, completely different to the way P'Mew was coaxing his mouth open for a thorough taste. Gulf stood there letting him have his way with him, kissing back if he could or just keeping his mouth open for P'Mew to lick and taste and kiss.

When they pulled apart for much needed air, P'Mew just kept touching his face, stroking his cheek and rubbing their noses together as if he needed to make sure he'd kept him close lest he'd disappear. He'd perfectly understood the need because he felt it too, this proximity he loved and sorely missed when he and P'Mew weren't together and tonight, at this moment, as P'Mew held him close, he got why that need felt much, much worse.

"Are you okay, Phi?" he whispered, taking advantage of the closeness by pressing himself closer and closer still. P'Mew's fingers were gentle on his nape and Gulf closed his eyes when P'Mew leaned forward to press their foreheads together.

"Better now, baby. I feel so much better now that you're here, you have no idea." P'Mew breathed, and that was the only reassurance Gulf needed as he let himself be held, safe and secured there in the cradle of his Phi's embrace while the seconds bled into minutes and they just stood there holding each other, breathing each other in.

-

The bed was just as huge and comfortable as he'd pictured it to be, but it was made so much better with P'Mew in it. After that heartfelt reunion by the doorway, P'Mew had proved himself worthy of his affection once again, coaxing him gently towards the direction of that awesome bed and sitting them on the edge of it without letting him go.