Part 34 : Complications

He spent the majority of the next two days getting through the jobs he was scheduled to finish while his in between breaks were mostly used up to search stuff online and ignoring P'Mew entirely.

To be fair, the latter wasn't really a conscious decision on his part. He'd been just really busy to check what the older man was up to, that when he realized he hadn't received anything from his Phi, it was well past three in the afternoon. Well, he did receive a good morning and a be safe today message this morning while he was getting ready to leave, but that was it.

A part of him - that tiny, and at present, very worried part - was saying he should call P'Mew, make sure he was just as busy as he was, thus the reason for the older man's sudden, and very unusual disappearance, but he held himself. He stared at his phone and contemplated for all of two seconds before he did the next best thing and messaged his Phi instead.

Is my sugar daddy boyfriend busy or he's just ignoring me? Come to think of it, I don't like the sound of either of it. So, if you know what's good for you, message me. Now. This is your first warning, Phi.

He didn't even bother adding emojis to that one, huffing to himself as he put his cellphone down. He checked his wristwatch for the time and realized he still had an hour and a half till this photoshoot was over. And then he would be free to go home at last.

He was about to check his phone again when the assistant knocked on his dressing room door and informed him that break was over. Somewhere from his right, P'Best stood. He sighed and gave his phone a forlorn look before he picked it up and handed it over to his manager's waiting hands and pulled himself upright then followed P'Best out.

-

They packed up a quarter after five. Gulf wai'd to everyone at the set, thanking people on his way to the dressing room with his head bowed low as P'Best followed after him like an overprotective shadow. He'd shucked his jacket off and slid it over the back of a nearby chair, pivoted around to face P'Best and held his hand out, palm spread, saying nothing.

He was hoping the pleading look on his face was enough.

His manager rolled his eyes at him in answer. He took Gulf's phone out of his cute sling bag and handed it over for Gulf to take.

"Thanks, Phi." he said with a smile, turned around and sat himself down on the chair provided there for him as his companions moved about in the room to clean his stuff up. His attention, however, wasn't on them but on his phone and the unmistakable lack of reply from his Phi.

To say that he was worried now was definitely an understatement.

The urge to call was so strong he had to literally remind himself to breathe in order to calm himself, switching apps several times before settling on typing another message just to take the edge off of this unsettling fear forming at the pit of his stomach. He raised his head just in time to catch P'Best gesturing at him to set his phone down so he could change out of his outfit.

"Give me a minute, Phi." he said, his fingers already poised on the screen as he typed away.

Okay, P'Mew. This your way of saying I haven't been paying attention? Well, congratulations, because right now, you have it. If I don't receive a reply before I'm out of this building, I'm blocking your number. This is your second warning, Phi.

He sent the message, pouting when he stood. His manager gave him a look but wisely didn't say anything. Probably realized he was in an even sour mood than he was before they wrapped up the shoot, and for very obvious reasons.

He went through the motions of changing out of his stylist-issued wardrobe and into his own clothes, an ensemble of simple hoodie and sweatpants. It took him all of five minutes to go through it, helping P'Best in putting his shoes back into the bag before handing that one over as well.