Part 33 : Re-route

"Yes, I had to turn it on to be sure. No, there's nothing in it. All the data had been wiped clean, well, except for that one video they've uploaded on my IG the same night I lost the phone," P'Mew turned to him then, catching him looking. The phone - his phone they'd received along with the older man's gift - remained untouched next to the box it came with, feeling that insane urge to throw it out of the building just so they wouldn't have to think of it again.

He couldn't do that, of course, but the fact didn't stop him from wanting to hurl the damn thing out the window just the same.

"Okay, Phi. Yes. Please let me know if there's any development, or just, you know, anything. I want to know if there's something to be done should this escalate any further." there was a pause, a breath, then P'Mew was speaking again. "No, Phi, I'm not taking my chances," P'Mew said, as if something about the whole conversation was prompting a headache as he lifted a hand to rub at his temple, and Gulf felt the older man's frustration as if it were his own.

"This phone didn't get sent here by accident, Phi. This is obviously intentional, so that means they're either watching my every move or they're watching Gulf," Gulf startled at the mention of his name, certain his cheeks were burning at the obvious implication. Whoever P'Mew was talking to knew him, of his and P'Mew's relationship. Gulf honestly didn't know whether to be embarrassed or glad or both.

"Either way, I'll take it as a threat, because that's the rational thing to do. I can't take this lightly and regret it in the end if something bad happens, so, no. We're going by my decision on this one this time. It's better to be safe, is all I'm saying."

P'Mew spent the next moment frowning hard at something outside of the window as he listened to whoever he was talking to on the phone, his posture stiff that it was heartbreaking watching him. Gulf heard enough to realize the gravity of the situation. The incident that almost cost P'Mew his career, the pain he must be going through right now for being reminded of it. He wished he could kiss it all away - he'd tried, really, but even his effort wasn't enough to make it all better.

"Fine. That's good enough for me. I'll wait for your call. Yeah, I'll take the phone with me, don't worry. Yes, with the box it came with, got it. Yeah. I'll talk to you later. Bye." P'Mew ended the call briskly, then turned around to find Gulf where he'd left him. Gulf watched him cross the short distance, put his phone down on the low table before joining him to sit on the floor.

P'Mew's arms went around him almost immediately, leaning towards him as if he was seeking comfort. Gulf welcomed the older man's arms around around him, the warmth he brought with him when he ducked low to hide his face against the crook of Gulf's neck.

The gesture made him smile, somehow, given the difference in P'Mew's action now compared to when he was talking to the phone earlier. His commanding tone when he was instructing the person about what he wanted done, compared to how he was pushing his face further into Gulf's neck now like a puppy seeking heat.

"It's that bad, huh?" he asked, keeping his tone light and teasing, even though he was feeling anything but. P'Mew hummed and tightened his arms around him on cue. "No, seriously, Phi, it's that bad? Tell me."

P'Mew hummed again, shaking his head against him as the action caused his hair to tickle Gulf's chin as a result. "I want to take you away and hide you from the world if I could, Nong," P'Mew said, as if it should be enough to explain the reason why he was holding Gulf so tightly as if he was afraid he'd disappear if he as much as loosen his hold around him.

It was heartwarming as much as it was concerning, but Gulf knew it was just one of the many things he should get used to from here on.

"Think of my parents and my sister, and all the fans that you're going to drive crazy with worry if you do that, Phi," he countered readily, shaking a little when P'Mew huffed and muffled his laughter against the side of his neck in answer. "What, I'm just telling the truth. Besides, I know we might both think it's romantic but in reality, it's not."