Better Place

I'm back with another chapter!!👋👋 Hope you didn't miss me too much and you're having an amazing life rn. I don't know where I was going with the story line the past two chapters (not confession), 🙄🙄 but I've figured it out now, so the chapters should be a consistent length, and being consistently updated. Enjoy your week!

2249 Words

⛔️TW⛔️
Manipulation (i don't rlly know what to call it but it's something like that)
Panic Attack (mentioned)
Cussing
Sexist Views

Time Line:
August 2021 - January 2022

—————————

Stray Kids is growing so fast you never saw it coming, but with that grow of popularity, there's always something standing in your way.

You used to able to brush off petty insults, or even nasty ones. Now you're not so sure you can anymore. Even within you own company, people have been looking at you funny from the corner of their eyes ever since your incident with the panic attack in the parking lot.

Heejun hasn't gotten any better, either. If anything, he's gotten worse. It's been 9 months since you were appointed a spot in Stray Kids, so you're not necessarily a rookie anymore. But still, Heejun babies you, like you have no idea what you're doing. It's either that or being more harsh on you than the others.

And one day it was worse than it ever had been.

Sunday, August 2nd, 2021
11:30 AM
—————————

Every member of Stray Kids was working extra hard starting this week, preparing for your new album, NOEASY. Currently, you were perfecting the dance break you lead in DOMINO with Hyunjin and Minho. {you lead the part Jisung does during the dance break} DOMINO is almost the hardest dance you've done, second only to Easy.

You're having a lot of trouble connecting the fast hand motions with the even faster foot work, then of course there's positioning and it's all piling up on you. Minho promised you'd be able to do it by "the end of the week, I'm not that bad at teaching." However, that week ended yesterday, and you're still struggling.

While you're rehearsing the part you're having the most trouble with, Heejun just happens to walk in. You don't notice it, you're so focused on dancing, but when you do, it scares the shit out of you. Like, gaining the ability of flight and running into Hyunjin, scaring the shit out of you.

You clutch your chest and laugh at your childish behavior before straightening up and giving your manager a bow.

"Ya, so childish." Heejun shakes his head at you.

I mean, you know it's true but he didn't have to say it. "I- I'm sorry, I didn't-" you try and stutter out a reply but Hyunjin puts a hand on your shoulder before going off on the manager.

MINHO'S POV
—————————

He did not just fucking say that.

Let's be honest, if it was up to me, Heejun would be gone and we'd have a new manager. He can't just talk to Y/N like that, my Y/N. She's the second oldest member of the group and has been in JYP for a year and a half, there's no reason to be biased against her. Unless, of course, it's because she's the only female. But that makes even less sense, this company, K-pop in general, even, proves that guys and girls have equal talent and should have equal opportunity. I can't take anymore of this shitty attitude from him. So I don't.