First Day

Lena's POV

"Frankie! I told you no!" I heard from afar as I was welcoming children and parents for the first day of school.

To say that I was excited was an understatement for I'm always so very happy to begin a new year with new purples. I've been in Horizon School here in Charleston, West Virginia, as an administrator and also as a teacher to special need children for over 3 years now, and I was loving it more and more for those children were just like me at their age.

I didn't really get the chance to learn in an appropriate school, adapted to my special needs for I was so advance that the casual class was very boring to me, causing my grades to be terrible. However, I'm happy that that kind of school exist now, and for me to be the one who transmit is an honor.

I turn around to see what was going on, only to see a giggling little girl, cute as a button, running right towards me her arms wide open, and who I assume is her mother, running after her.

The little girl was small, she must be four or five and seem carefree with her wild curls unleash in the wind. It lasted just a few second, but I instantly lean down to catch her and pick her up as she continues giggling happily.

"Hey, sweet pie, did you run off?" I ask smiling at her as she nods smiling wildly.

The woman eventually reached us, breathing a bit hard and looked at me a bit embarrassed.

"I'm very sorry she ran to you like that ma'am. Frankie, how many time do I have to tell you..." she started as she was about to take her daughter back, but the little girl cut her off.

"Look mommy we have the same hair!" the child said playing with one of my curls gently.

"Oh my God, I'm so very sorry." She blond woman said looking at me and blushing, grabbing her daughter from my arms softly as Frankie gladly put her arms around her mother's neck.

"Frankie, baby, we don't touch people' hair just like that, it's rude." She reprimands, but I could tell she was a softy just by the way she gently ran her hand across her daughter's cheek.

The little girl then turns her head to look at me.

"I'm sorry, miss." She said very politely.

"It's okay, sweetie, you're forgiven." I said smiling softly at her as she smiled as well. Then I looked at her mother who still seems a bit uncomfortable and even stress out, but that's a common thing for parents, I guess.

"Excuse me, hum.... Do you work here? I need to find Miss Adams's classroom, I think we're late already, I forgot her backpack, so we had to return home, then, when back in the car, she wanted to go to the bathroom, and now I'm rambling about my life to a stranger and I... I'm sorry..." She said, looking panicked a little bit as my face soften and I smile at her again.

"Mommy is scared of my first day in school!" Frankie said with such a smile. She was really giving away the energy ball vibes, bringing joy and laughter into the world.

"It's okay mommy, don't worry." She said before laying a big kiss on her mother's cheek as the woman's face turn crimson but with a soft beautiful, genuine smile on her lips.

"I'm okay, my love." she said gently kissing her daughter's forehead as my heart was breaking at the sight.

"So... well, I'm Lena Adams, and my classroom is actually right over there, and you, must be Francesca." I said, smiling for now there were no doubt that this child was in my class for her name is one that I particularly remember. Besides, she presents some of the characteristics of HPI children which are very visible for some and not really for other, but due to her young age, I think it was diagnosed pretty quickly which is a good thing. Besides, I always make it a point to learn about my students before they even reach the class so I could offer the best teaching possible to each of them.