Cherry Blossom

Stef's POV

A few days passed since Frankie's little panicked at Lena's. She was much better now that we found that new dinner thing. Now the modification of our routine is not so brutal anymore, and I have to admit, I'm much better with that arrangement as well, because not seeing my baby at all for a week, that would have killed me slowly.

During those diners with both Frankie and Lena, I felt so damn good, I swear the life is sweet with them, and it reminds me just how much Lena and I were good together before all of this mess...

We didn't talk about that kiss at all... I didn't really dare because she pulled away rather abruptly and I didn't really understand why. Yet, I couldn't stop thinking about it. Feeling her lips back on mines again felt amazing and just having her in my arms again was seriously messing with my heart for I was trying to shut down those deep feelings that still have for her and never stopped having.

The situation was too complicated then, I was so confused and torn by the fact that she was the mother of my child, that I felt like she was stealing my baby away from me, and the fact that I knew she wasn't someone bad, that she just had a hard life and need to be with her daughter.

But now... now, it's different again. I thought we weren't going to be out of this mess for a long time. At first, I thought she was going to be very demanding and not take her time with Frankie, I thought she was going to claim that Frankie was a daughter, not mine... but now that I'm very sure that she considers me like Frankie's mother just as much as she is... now that I see how well this is working, I can't help but want even more.

I want to spend my days with her, I want to spend my nights with her, I want to be with her, have a life with her and our baby. We already have a child together, so if we still love each other, why not try you know.

One thing I know, I still love her. I'm still very much in love with her and my heart still can't help its beating when she's near me or when I think about her. I'm not one hundred per cent sure that she still loves me, or at least I wasn't before she kissed me, but now... I honestly think that she didn't forget about me. The way she kissed me told me that our story wasn't over, it told me that she still can feel this thing between us, this very special spark that can become a God damn inferno when we let ourselves go.

Today was Sunday, and like we agreed, on the weekends, all three of us enjoy our time together. Today that was at the park, and I certainly have the intention to talk to her about us. I'm not going to be insistent, but I need to know what's in her head.

"Mommy can I go play on the slide; I need to experience some physique stuff?" Frankie said to me as I smiled at her widely. From the bench we were sit on, we can watch her, so it was fine with me.

"Well, if it's for science's sake, how could I say no?" I winked at her as she giggled and ran away.

"You know she's really going to do science stuff right now, right?" Lena giggled as I laugh.

"Oh yeah, I surely know that love." I said smiling at her as she blushed a little for what I just called her.

"Lena?" I said softly suddenly. I had always wonder something but thought that it was maybe too personal. I think it still is, but... well I still wonder.

"Hum?" she said, so damn softly that I could melt just at her smile for she was just so beautiful and... perfect.

"Can I ask you something... personal? But if you don't want to talk about it, I totally understand, and we'll talk about something else, okay?"

"Well, ask away." she said still smiling as I was hoping what I was going to ask wasn't going to make that smile disappear.

"When... um.. when they told you that... Frankie didn't survive... did you went... um... visit a grave or something?"