Bold Move

Lena's POV

It's been a month since I said it. Since I told Stef the truth. I finally get it out and I think it was time. However, I didn't mean for it to go this way. I didn't know this was going to hurt her that bad for I saw her heart break right in front of me. I could see the pain in her eyes causing by all my accusations and suppositions about what she actually hasn't done in the reality, but just in my head...

I didn't mean for us to get in a fight and create tensions between us. That's actually all I wanted to avoid. But I can't say that it wasn't necessary. She needed to know the truth, and I still think that this is best for all of us.

During this month I was just praying that she would keep her promise, and not keep Frankie away from me even after I hurt her feelings. And she didn't.

We don't always spend time together on the weekend now, so it's one weekend with me, and one with her. I could tell that Frankie didn't really like that since she would often be a bit sad in the beginning, but she's adjusting.

Stef won't even look at me anymore, and that hurts more than I thought. It hurts so bad that I was wondering if I didn't do a huge mistake. She would barely talk to me, unless it's about Frankie and I can tell that she's still hurt.

She's right, I did portray her like a monster, transferring all the horrible things that my mother had done to me on her, when she has been nothing but kind to me. She renounced to half of all the time she had with Frankie so I could be her mother, and I talked about her like she was some bitter person that was just waiting to hurt me, when she just did everything she could to help me heal and makes me feel surrounded.

A person like that don't come around that often, if ever. I found her, yet I pushed away and hurt her, letting once again my fears and somehow my mother, decide my life.

I should probably apologies, and I should really do it this week when I can catch her when she drops Frankie off. Today.

So, I waited for them to come.

"Mamaa!" my little girl yelled happily like every morning as I picked her up and hug her, as she kissed my cheek. Hearing her calling me that always warm my heart so much, and again I know I have Stef to thank for that because if Frankie had sense that her mother was reticent or feeling sad or whatever about me being here now, she would have never call me mom. Besides, even though she didn't say anything, I know Stef encouraged her to do so, because she knew how much that meant to me. Here another great reason to feel guilty about how I treated her.

"Hi my love. How are you?"

"I'm fine, but I have a question for you, mama. Why aren't you friend with mommy anymore?" Frankie asked, out of nowhere as Stef sigh deeply, and I could tell she was already annoyed.

"Why would you say that sweetie?" I asked as Frankie looked at me curiously.

"Because you don't talk to her at all anymore, but before you were always talking, and grandma and I would make fun of you two when imagining what you both could be saying from afar." She said, as I look at Stef not really knowing what to say. I didn't know that she saw us like that.

"Mama does talk to me baby, it's just that it's when you're not watching. And we are friend, love. Don't worry about that, now go in your class." Stef said, quickly and very much lying for it's true that we don't talk at all like before and that we are not friend either which makes me sad because I miss her friendship. I really do. She would always find a way to make me smile or laugh, and just makes me feel better and good about myself, and I just miss seeing her smile and laugh and... and everything.

"Are you sure, mommy?" Frankie asked to Stef.

"Yes baby. Now give me a big kiss and go learn something." she said trying to brush it off, and make Frankie smile as always. Frankie finally gave in, went to kiss her mother and then ran into the classroom, probably hoping to see Mariana.