Something I Don't Know

Lena's POV

Frankie was just too sweet. I was falling hard for her as well and it was messing with my heart.

We finished eating and then we when back to explore the rest of the museum, taking tones of photos of the trees with Frankie in it, sometimes with Stef as well and I loved that immensely.

I could get used to that kind of thing and it was a bit scary to admit if I'm honest, but my heart just feels warm and at home with these two. It was hard to explain, even to me, because we don't know each other for that long, yet they feel so damn familiar. More than my own family ever did, and I was wondering how this was possible.

"Mommy, I want a picture of me in that bush to hang it up in my room!" Frankie said pulling on Stef's hand as she looked up at her and I smiled for the camera was almost exploding at this point.

"Honey, don't you think you have enough pictures? The walls in your room are not big enough for all of that, sweet." Stef said smiling, teasing her for I know she loves it when Frankie has to find arguments to get what she wants.

"I know, but I will be selecting the best photos to hang up in my room. Plus, I know you love having photos of me all over your electronic devices, you don't have to develop all of them you know." She said smartly as I almost laugh for, she was a trip. Stef had no chance with her, and adolescence seems as it's going to be wild with that one.

"Of course, what a fool I am!" Stef said sarcastically as me and Frankie couldn't help but laugh at her.

And with that, Frankie literally jumped into the bush and hide her little body so we would see just her face surrounded by the leaves which was so cool and very beautiful as Stef was taking the photos.

"Lov... I mean Lena why don't you join her for some pictures?" Stef suggest, almost letting slip the pet name as I smiled at her knowingly and she winked at me.

"Oh yes! Lena I want a picture with you for my room!" Frankie exclaimed excited.

"Well, how could I refuse?! But only if I get one exemplar as well." I said looking at them both.

"Deal!" they both said in unison which was the cutest thing in the world.

So I put myself next to Frankie to take some photos as Stef was directing us, as if we were at a shooting which was fun and make me and Frankie giggled all along. Frankie even surprised me when she put her arms around my neck to kiss my cheek as Stef was clicking on the camera button and my smile at that moment and it must have been the widest smile that I've ever shown in my life, and the sensation I got into my heart at that moment almost threw me for a loop for the tenderness of that moment was making all the pain I could ever feel melt away at the moment. And it was crazy to feel that good again for it's been years since I felt that peace in my heart, years...

"Okay, I think we have enough you two, come check it out!" Stef said, looking at the camera screen as Frankie and I got up and join her.

"I love that one, mommy. Do you like it, Lena?" Frankie said looking at me, as my eyes couldn't get away from the photos that literally broke my heart, and I didn't even know why.

We were both smiling at the camera, our faces right neck to each other, and Frankie looked... she looked just like me when I was little and it so insane that it was messing with my mind big time.

"Lena? Are you okay?" Stef asked after my long silence still staring hard at the picture before I snapped out of it.

"Yes... yes sorry. Of course, I love it sweetie. I really do." I said smiling at Frankie as Stef surprisingly and discreetly took my hand into hers and squeezed it as I looked into her soft hazel eyes.