11

"Where the hell were you last weekend?" My father spat at me as I walked through the door. "Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you, Ru!" He bellowed as I tried to ignore him.

I let out a sigh. "You kicked me out because you brought some woman over so I spent the night at a friends house," I drawled, taking my shoes off. 

"Don't fucking lie to me! I know you weren't at Haruhi's!" My father yelled at me drunkenly.

"Believe it or not Dad, I have more friends than just Haruhi," I said sarcastically with the roll of my eyes.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me, boy! I know you were out getting drunk and high, just like your junkie-mother!" He spat, making me whip around.

"Don't talk about my mom like that!" I snapped at him, shoving him backward.

I let out a choked gasp when he grabbed me by the throat and slammed me against the wall. "You don't get to talk to me like that, do you understand?" He growled to me lowly, his chew burning my eyes. I could only nod while I tried to gasp for air and pry his hands off.

"Go to your room," He ordered, letting go of me and stalking into the kitchen.

I took in a deep shaky breath and did as I was told. I closed my door behind me and set my back pack down by my dresser. I changed into a white t-shirt and some black shorts. I pulled on my dark red hoodie. I grabbed my slides from beside my bed and slipped them on. I unlocked my window and pushed it up.

I jumped when my door suddenly slid open. "Sneaking out already? Always trying to leave me the first chance you get, huh?" He shouted at me.

"I'm just going to Haruhi's house!" I shot back irritably, one leg still hanging out of the window.

"I didn't say you could. Now close your fucking window and sit your ass down!" My father commanded.

"What so I can just sit here and do nothing while you drink yourself stupid on the couch?" I snapped.

"What did you just say to me?" My father asked calmly, making a chill run down my spine.

"You heard me," I snarled. If he wanted to pick a fight, I was going to give him one.

I went to finish climbing out of the window but let out a shout of pain when he grabbed me by the hair and yanked me back inside, throwing me to the ground. "You better watch your fucking mouth!" He yelled, his finger in my face.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I screamed back at him, getting up and shoving him back, making him stumble.

"Son of a bitch!" My father hissed, swinging his fist into the side of my face, knocking me onto my bed.

"You're just proving the courts right you know, that I'm not safe with you. I hope you enjoy jail you fucking prick," I scoffed, spitting the blood in my mouth in his face.

"Get your shit and get the fuck out of my house!" He shouted.

"Gladly and fuck you!" I yelled back, grabbing my backpack and shoving past him as I went to leave.

I went next door to Haruhi's and opened the door. "Haru? You home?" I called.

"Haruhi's at Renge's, everything alright?" I heard Ranka say from the kitchen.

"Dad and I got into a fight," I said as I set my bag down and stepped out of my slides.

"Oh my goodness!" I heard Ranka gasp as she stepped into the hall to see me. "You're going to your mother's, put your shoes back on," Ranka ordered.

I let out a sigh and did as I was told. "It's not as bad as it looks, I just bit my cheek when he punched me," I sighed as Ranka started driving.

"Your neck is purple, that isn't just a fight, it looks like he was trying to kill you," Ranka sighed worriedly as she drove.