What is mate?

So care to explain what are you doing here with that book".

Yuna said to the raven haired boy who was looking down fiddling with his fingers.

"Auntie please don't scold him I wanted to read books that's why I asked him to take a stroll in library".
Jimin tried to defend his cousin.

"Then what is that book doing there on the floor ? How many times I have to warn you Jeon Jungkook to never touch those books without our permission?

Yuna shouted in her mocking tone pointing towards the ancient book long forgotten on the floor glaring at her son.

King junho was silent all the time, he could've spare his son but when it comes to his wife she's quite strict whenever their son's curiosity leads him to do something against them.
He knows, the secret which they want to hide from his son is in the book lying on the floor, if they wouldn't have reached Jungkook could've found the secret behind his mate mark.

The prince only knows that his mark is useless as explained by his mom but it seems more than that, due to the curiosity boy always tried to find the ancient book which could tell about his mark.

He almost found it unknowingly, so this is fate.

King snapped out of his thoughts when Jungkook suddenly start crying.

Ryujin who was standing behind Yuna not wanting to interrupt their private talk ran and hold the now crying boy in her arms.

"Shh my baby don't cry dear, see your aunt is here, I'll scold your mom".

Ryujin glared at her sister and Yuna gulped finally coming to her senses what she did.

King also came forward to pat his son's back who is sobbing badly.
Yuna felt sorry but her anger took over. She never wants her son to get involved in mate and all, her love for Jungkook is selfless and she can go to any extent to protect him.

"Yuna there's other ways to explain all these, try to control your anger".
King said to calm down his wife when he saw Yuna is also at the verge of crying.

"It's not his fault that he's Kim's mate, you're just unable to believe that your son is that devil's mate, Jungkook has all right to know about himself and his mark. If you both won't tell then I'll tell him myself".

Ryujin said confidently looking at yuna's teary eyes.
Jungkook pulled his head from ryujin's neck when he Heard about his mark being mentioned.

"Auntie can you tell me what is this mark, someone said it is special but my eomma never explained about it".

Jungkook desperately asked to his aunt with a pout.

"Of course I'll tell you everything, it's better than books right".