Happenstance

Chapter 5 is here.

I know, I didn't believe "happenstance" was a word either. But since it is a word, I think it fits pretty well.

Ok.

We have so things to clarify.

This story is of course a Chara x Reader. However, in the first section of the book Y/n will be around 5 years old and I think you can't have that kind of relationship at that age. You guys can think what you want, but for the first section Chara and Y/n will be just friends.

I think creating a friendship can be just as interesting as a full on girlfriend boyfriend situation. Some authors like to get straight to the point and I don't blame them, there's just so much you can write about, you know? But... and I've seen this happen a lot... this is where relationships too quickly jump from one part to another and it feels that somehow the characters have a perfect connection without any real interaction.

Again, I'm not saying I can do better. Actually, I'm still on the fence about if my writing is good or not. I don't care if it is bad, I just want to improve. That's why your input matters. If all I get is praise about my work then mistakes, plot holes, and the aforementioned rapid character development will just slide under the radar. And the last thing I want is to be wasting time on a mediocre fanfic in which others waste time to read.

With that aside...

Let's begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chara 

"......"

I'm... not falling?

I tried moving around and sure enough... solid ground presses up against my back.

I tried to open my eyes... annnnd a horrible mistake. Light burns its way into my retinas and I quickly shut my eyes.

My god, that hurt.

I raise my hands to block the light, but it seems to be everywhere. This does help with my vision just a little bit...

It seems like I'm in some kind of room...

Where am I?

I tried to sit up and try to grasp the situation.

This light is killing me.

"Ok... breathe..."

I open my eyes again.

The pain flares up again.

You tried to blink the pain away.

Tears accumulate in my eyes as they tried to get use to the light.

"Ughhh... this is so annoying..."

I shake my head and try again.

Seems like the pain has lessened.

Your vision clears up just a bit.

Now I could make out some kind of weird objects on the ceiling.

There was something made of glass and some pieces of plastic stuck on the ceiling for decoration.