Under a Warm Gaze

Papyrus is weighing your sins.

"Papyrus! We don't have to do this! I don't want to fight you."

"Your hands say otherwise, Human."

Chara glanced down, her hands were curled up into tight fists. 

She quickly released her grip.

Papyrus summons a bone, launching it towards her, his gloved hands create a swishing sound as it travels through the air.

It wasn't fast or slow, it allowed Chara to move away without much effort and dodge his attack.

However, it was clear that Papyrus was holding back.

He walked forward and closed the distance between the two of the two them, bones appearing at his side waiting for a command.

With a flick of his wrist, the bones flew forward at her, this time at a faster speed, requiring more movement and speed from Chara herself.

Ducking, weaving, and jumping, Chara managed to bypass the bones. But while she was distracted, Papyrus had closed the gap, still intently looking at her.

He began with a quick jab at Chara with the long bone in his hand, still swinging at a pace so that Chara could move back and away.

*Ding*

Chara suddenly was hit by a wave of vertigo, her balance inexplicably shifted, causing her to fall over and start sliding to her left.

"You are now blue. In this mode, your soul will be subjected to the weight of your actions. This will pull you in a direction until you hit solid ground."

As Papyrus explained, Chara slowly slid to the edge of the battlefield, a seemingly invisible wall in the sea of black.

She wobbled a bit as she tried to regain her footing, but a slight rumbling sensation caught her attention.

It was coming from what used to be the ground now made wall. Her instincts caused her to push away with her hands and move backward.

A wall of bones broke through what was now the wall, nearly missing her by an inch.

"Good job, Human. You are doing well."

The bones quickly retracted away.

Papyrus jumps, turning in the air and landing before her.

Shocked, she stumbled back and almost fell over, but she grabbed her arm and kept Chara upright.

Another bone formed in his hand.

Chara could only look nervously.

Papyrus tossed the bone over to her, Chara clumsily tried to grab it as it fell, a horrible decision that only resulted in failure and embarrassment.

She picked up the bone while it was clattering on the ground.

Before she had any chance to react, Papyrus had created new bones that were already flying toward her at a blazing speed.

She tried to get out of the way, but her slow reaction time caused her to sustain her first hit.

A shallow cut to her left arm right above her wrist.

More waves of bones appeared, flinging themselves at her rapidly. 

Again she tried to move out of the way, but somehow these dull, rounded bones were as sharp as razor blades and left more gashes on her body.

One to her side, another to her calf. If the cuts were any deeper she would be rendered immobile.

Blood dripped from her wounds.