A/N - 50 Chapter Special

Wow. It's really been a long time huh? 

Almost fifty chapters and an entire year in. 

I posted my first chapter on July 24, 2023. It wasn't much, but was a dive into the unknown, a "Beginning" in many ways.

Since then, 50 chapters have been put out, written in various styles to see what fits the best for me. I'd like to think I put a lot of thought into this story, trying to complete a compelling story that differs from what I have already seen. 

Many writers fall into this trap of rewriting, taking a story then putting it in their own words. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The problem is that we have already seen this story before, and there are only so many times you can reread the same thing. 

I won't lie, I fell into this trap too. The beginning of the "underground" section is nearly a direct rip from the game. Dialogues were eerily familiar and interactions are practically the same. In the end, I wasn't bringing too many new things to the table. Looking back on it, what I did, really, really bugs me. I was annoyed with myself. These characters are not based on the game but on the gods of this world. Their speech and interactions should reflect that.

What I'm trying to say is that if you found my writing boring and repetitive because of my laziness, I'm sorry. A rewritten story should deviate from the original and give the reader a different message, that is the whole reason for story writing.

Alright, that aside, I'm sure you have a real burning question to ask: "Where's my Chara x Reader content?!?" 

The answer? It's coming. 

The "underground" sections won't be long, just this first run. I meant to let the reader figure it out but I guess I'll just explain it if you haven't seen it already. 

Pacifist runs are meant to be the longest. It represent a time of curiosity and peace where Chara doesn't want to resort to violence. This is why before obtaining EXP she goes to check every sign and small detail she comes across. This only applies to the first Pacifist run.

Neutral runs automatically override a Pacifist run if Chara gains any EXP. This represents a time when Chara has to battle the urge to fight back with violence and is more prone to use and resort to violence but still tries to avoid striking an opponent when she can. A gain of EXP causes Chara to lose interest in her surroundings depending on how much she has and causes the time between areas to become shorter as she doesn't try to explore every section.

Genocide runs are automatically decided at the beginning of a run. After all, you don't choose to kill in every individual confrontation, you decide to do it when you begin the run. When a mindset is put in place, not much can change it. Especially not when something is driving you to keep doing the same thing over and over again. These will be extremely short, most likely confined to a single chapter as Chara only has a single goal when executing this type of run, and let me tell you, it's not sightseeing.

After all of this is over, Chara and Y/n will reunite, though neither as they were years ago.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Think of it as a Q&A. I will try my best to answer.

Since you have stayed here for so long, I'll give you a preview into the second story I'll be writing in the future. Don't get your hopes up, the second story will only start after this one is finished. That is a promise I made to myself so that I don't stretch myself too thin and end up writing two bad stories.

Anyway, here you go. 

P.s. I wrote this a long time ago, I think around last year August, which means that it was written in the first-person point of view.