N - 1 / Waterfall - Crystal Embedded Walls

After a tolerable meal, bandages, and some gratitude, Chara leaves the home of the two brothers. It was a little messy in there. Random bones scattered about, pictures of bones, a cute dog taking a nap, and an infamous sock. Otherwise, there was nothing of note.

Traversing out of the light and mirth-filled village, Chara pressed forward. 

Familiar pine trees came into view accompanied by gentle winds and snow. Like before, the snowfall grew heavier as she progressed. The only thing missing was Papyrus who used to block her way. 

Moving through the thick snow was a chore. She had to drag her feet out with every step she took and felt as if she was sinking every time she planted her feet down.

However, it was strange. Despite all of the snow around her legs and piled up on her head, Chara didn't feel any cold sensation. It wasn't that she was numb or anything, she could feel all of her extremities and was still capable of shifting her fingers and toes.

Despite that, Chara decided to push her pace just in case.

After a while, the snow began subsiding and she could finally see normally. 

The trees around her had gone, disappeared like a flame in the wind, replaced by stone walls sprinkled with shining gemstones.

The ambiance had changed, much like if she had moved into a cave somewhere during the trek in the snow. 

There was a river to her left carrying absurdly sized-ice cubes.

Chara let out a little tune.

"****  **  *"

Light echoes of songs that used to be bounced off of the glimmering walls that surround her.

Strange... where was that melody from? 

Chara quickly brushed her thoughts aside and continued forward. 

......

The silence of the watcher is deafening.

But nobody can hear her.

Routine drags Chara towards the twinkling light. Much like the crystals in the wall, it seemed to shine with a different luminosity depending on the angle Chara was looking at it from.

*

Warmth enveloped her body and she could feel her wounds closing. It was a strange yet pleasant sensation.

Beside the star, there was another empty outpost. It seems like Sans is slacking off again.

There was a note on the front.

* Dear Human, the trail ahead is a tedious one. I have laid out a path for you by recording. Approach the Echo Flower without making to much noise and it'll explain. As its name implies, it echoes what is said to it. Any noise might change its whispers. 

P.S. Do remember to keep our promise.

"Echo Flower?" Chara mumbled to herself.

She assumed it was the blue flower beside the shining star and knelt down closer.

" **** ** * "

San's instructions had been replaced by an unknown song.

Chara sighed and got up to keep going.

/

"What in the world is this?!"

A massive waterfall stood in her way.