Truths and secrets

Hello.

Let's begin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asriel

Instead of the dust and worn out pages Asriel expected, he found a single bold perfectly inked in word.

Beginning

Colors sprawl out onto the paper as Asriel lifts the cover. 

Word by word, ink slowly crept across the top of the page. Colors shifting sporadically before settling on black.

The ink colored in the entire page. Leaving lighter strokes for words.

Before Asriel could turn the page, the book shifted in his grip. Shaking with energy.

The page flips itself over starting the new page. Ink filled in empty spaces with color and words explaining the history of the far, far past.

Plants and animals seemed to leap and grow straight off the page.

Words danced with fervor across the page.

Page after page, book quickly retold the tale of this world.

Asriel couldn't even fully comprehend the words before the next page and images were already spilling onto the page.

And just as it started, it stopped. 

With a period to mark the end of the tale. The book rumbles to a stop.

Brilliant paintings covered each and every page.

What... just happened.

Asriel flips back to the first page.

He starts from the beginning.

- - -

How interesting... I wonder what was up with that traitor...

"Ah..."

I guess I got a little distracted...

"I probably should get going, this isn't getting me anywhere."

Asriel reached closed the book and reaches out to place it back in its place.

A small glint catches his eyes.

Huh?

He takes a few steps forward to get a closer look at the bookcase.

A silver button was hidden in the back.

"What in the world is this..."

Asriel now suddenly has an overwhelming urge to press the button.

Don't do it, Don't do it, don't do it.

He nervously looks back and forth, expecting someone to jump out and catch him red handed.

There must be some kind of consequence to clicking it.

"Just put the book back and turn around. It won't be able to temp me after." Asriel told himself.

...

...

"Ahhh, what's the worst that could happen?" Asriel asked while pressing the button.

The floor beneath him started to shake.

It was as if the earthquakes from within the book had came to life right under his feet.

Then, it stopped.