Sweet dreams

Almost summer huh... time really flies.

Some chapter reordering was done and now this is chapter 7. It was originally chapter 8 but, I felt that we were jumping around POVs too much and another switch up might feel too... awkward. So chapter 7 and 8 swapped places. If you want to know what's coming, I guess you can use the previously mentioned fact to figure something out.

Ah... some things have been changed. So instead of a dining table in front of the Tv, we have a shorter table, around knee height when you are sitting down. The bonus of not having a dining table there is that I can put a nice couch in the corner of the room.

The dining table is just part of the countertop for the kitchen, you can see the circular swivel chairs at the place where you would eat. Oh and that box with the two doors is the refrigerator. Just thought it might be hard to guess.

Hopefully, this makes future descriptions easier to understand.

Well, with that done and dusted.

Let's get right into it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chara

*Click*

I close the door behind me.

The rain outside has slowed substantially. Now it's just a sporadic drip of water here and there.

You walk down the stairs and through the hallway.

What have I gotten myself into...

A whole day has passed and still nothing from this kid's parents... Where ever could they be?

You flick the switch off for the hallway and stairs. It seemed like a customary action that humans took.

You find yourself back in the living room slash kitchen again.

I made my way over to the couches and took a seat.

Your eyes feel heavy.

I adjusted my body and let gravity drag me down to the couch.

"Sigh...."

You reach up to twirl your hair, still trying to make sense of things.

Why did things have to turn out this way...

You lay there, staring at the ceiling for some time. Thoughts swirl around in your head like gentle waves, none coalescing into anything tangible.

.........

I should probably turn off the lights here too.

I get up from the soft couch and find my way to the light switch.

*click*

Darkness washes over you.

I still can make out the slight outlines of furniture as I try to maneuver back over the couch.

*Thud*

"Ow! F—"

You cover your mouth. You probably shouldn't be disturbing Y/n who is most likely already sleeping.

Your shins seem to have hit the corner of the table.

Ughhhh.

I hobbled two steps over and collapse face first onto the couch.

You flipped over back onto your back. Your bangs poked at your eyes.

Brushing your hair aside, you noticed you could see slightly better in the dark.