Brilliant Fixation - Bedtime Fairytales

New chapter type?!

The definition of Brilliant Fixation is right in the name.

A spotlight that is locked on two characters in a particular moment.

The chapter will be looking in on a scene that doesn't quite meet the requirements of being a regular chapter, i.e. length or substance, but strengthens a character relationship or some part of the story.

The length of these types of chapter will be around 500 to 1000 words.

Well with that explained.

Let's begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chara

After a long day of fun and games, it's finally time for bed.

The day's activities left both Y/n and Chara exhausted. 

Chara especially.

Y/n's overactive demeanor constantly pulled Chara to the next activity, they barely had time to eat because as soon as Y/n had eaten a bite, he would begin bouncing off to do the next thing.

It would be no wonder that, in the blink of an eye, the sunlit hours have passed by.

Now it was dark outside and stars flashed in the night sky as stray comets waltzed past.

The sound of crickets chirping somewhere in the grass was a sure sign that night had fallen, and that it was time to clean up.

Toys and arts and crafts supplies litter the room.

There was a plush in particular that stared at the two as if it was asking the two to clean up after themselves.

Y/n, you sure are a handful sometimes...

Chara asked Y/n to aid her in cleaning up, which Y/n eagerly agreed to as he would be clearing the mess that he had left behind while also keeping the promise he made to his mother.

Chara placed the plushes back into their respective places while Y/n gathered up his colored pencils and drawings.

After cleaning up Y/n's room Chara had Y/n brush his teeth and the usual procedures.

While Y/n was doing that Chara plugged in Y/n's night light and was looking for a bedtime story to read.

She pulled a thin book from a shelf.

Undertale... looks interesting enough.

After a few months with Y/n, Chara has grown accustomed to the ins and outs of his routine.

For one, sometimes Y/n can't fall asleep and will ask someone to read him a bedtime story.

Chara had a feeling that even though today was an eventful day, Y/n would ask for a little story to put him asleep.

"Charaaaa."

"Gah!" Chara spun around. "Don't sneak up on me like that!"

"Sorry..." Y/n apologized.

"*sigh* Y/n, it's time to get to bed."