Forbidden Fruit

I wanted to scream

I was tied up in a basement, and she was speaking through the door's grille. "Keeping this power just for yourself is a shame."

"Let me go already, I can't bring her to you. She will never allow it, and she won't come to save me," I said.

"Oh, you foolish little boy. She will do everything to keep you safe. Her heart burns for you," the woman behind the bars said.

"She's too powerful for you; she'll crush every one of you like little bugs!" I managed to say, trying to wriggle out of my restraints.

"Not if you're the one fighting against her, Imperio!"

***

I woke up from the dream, and looked down at myself. It wasn't my dream, at least not from my own perspective. It wasn't even my voice I had spoken with, although it sounded familiar.

I was drenched in sweat, my auburn hair sticking to my neck, and my nightgown also had seen better days.

Everyone else in my dorm was still asleep. It wasn't surprising, it was only six in the morning, a good time to have a bath in peace. I took a few things and went to one of the cabins in the washroom, where there was a bathtub.

The water was steaming hot, which was good because I was shaking like crazy. I put some lavender blossoms in the bathwater. Lavender had a calming effect, which my mother had taught me some time ago, but unfortunately it only helped a little against the nightmares.

The sun wouldn't rise above the horizon for about an hour, so I had some time to myself before the first ones woke up with the sun. I sank into my thoughts.

The days after the Patronus incident had passed strangely. I still hadn't managed to conjure up a corporeal Patronus, but I had succeeded in conjuring one that was just a bright light.

Ominis had told me that Sebastian hardly spoke anymore, and even when spoken to, he was very terse. Imelda watched him in the Slytherin common room because she mistrusted him so much that every step he took put her on high alert.

I kept quiet, trying not to do anything that would draw his attention to me even more. Eventually, I even asked Evangeline to go to the meetings with Ominis so that I wouldn't accidentally come into Sebastian's proximity.

That resulted in me bursting into the undercroft one day and finding them in an unflattering pose because I was desperately searching for Evangeline.

"I think I'm seeing things," I said expressionlessly, so as not to burst out laughing. "It's not what it looks like!" Ominis burst out, but who could rely on that statement?

"No offense, Ominis, but I'm pretty sure I can judge that better than you can," his uniform pants were no longer in the prescribed position and Evangeline's skirt was pulled up so high that even a first year could understand the scene.

"I won't disturb you any longer," I said and hastily turned around to leave the room, only to run into Sebastian.

I stood with wide eyes in front of the door to the undercroft, blocking his way. "Get out of my way, Hawkins," he said in a clearly annoyed tone and took a step towards me, probably thinking it would make me move.

"You can't go in there now!" I blurted out, my feet still firmly rooted. "Hawkins, I told you not to get in my way," his tone was still just annoyed. He probably wanted to go into the undercroft to vent about something on his mind.

He tried to push me aside, gently without pressure, he wanted me to go by myself.

"Ominis is in there, and he's not alone," I said now, his facial expression went through a few steps. Confusion. Thinking. Then he seemed to realize what I meant and then he laughed.

"Of course, the undercroft. I wouldn't do it any differently if I wanted to be alone with a girl," he said and I couldn't help but think of all the moments we had been alone there.

He must have seen it in my face because he looked at me challengingly, almost seductively. My knees went weak. I tried to remind myself that I had to keep him away from me.

"Uh, yeah... I would too... if I were to be alone with a girl," I said then, as hesitant and hasty, completely thoughtless about what I was saying. He stood up confused, I hadn't even noticed that he had leaned down to me.

"You would take a girl to the undercroft to-" I pressed my hand against his mouth so he couldn't speak any further, there was a sparkle in his eyes.

"It's none of your business what I would do with a girl in the undercroft, Sebastian Sallow, or with a boy, or with anyone else!" I said and lifted my chin. Why was I still talking to him? What was this up and down for?

You're in the same courses, and if you keep running to the undercroft all the time, it's no wonder he crosses your path

Irritated, I rolled my eyes at my own thoughts. He took his hand off my mouth. "If you want me to be quiet, there are better ways than putting your hand over my mouth, although under certain circumstances I would enjoy it," he looked at me again with that look.

Oh, I could think of a lot of things for your mouth.

Blood rushed to my cheeks and I felt hot.

I'm going to hell.

"You're a slimy...hm!" I said, my head was empty and I couldn't think anymore. He took a step towards me, his hand was above my head and he leaned down towards me. I was pressed against the door that led to the undercroft.

By Merlin, his lips really have the perfect color.

"Yes, Elisabeth Darling, I am?" he whispered, teasing me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"You, Sebastian Darling, are a sleazy jerk!", I said, my tone high and uncertain, but I stood up so that he had no choice but to move away from me.

With a kick to his foot, I said goodbye and ran away.

***

A knock interrupted my thoughts. "Elisabeth? Are you in there? I also want to take a bath!" I heard Samantha call out. "Oh, yes, of course, I'll hurry!" I replied.

                                                                                    Sixth year Ominis

                                                                                    Sixth year Ominis

                                                                                    Evangeline Lovegood

                                                                                    Evangeline Lovegood