Chapter 44

The next day, I didn't wake up in my own bed as usual. As I looked around, I realized that I was in the bedroom of the Slytherin prefect. I was confused. I knew I had fallen asleep on the sofa while Ominis and Imelda were discussing whether it would be possible to play Quidditch without vision. I wondered why I was here because none of my friends were prefects. Additionally, I was only in my bloomers and my underdress.

Next to me lay Sebastian, half-naked, wearing only his underwear. I gently stroked his nose to wake him up.

He muttered something and seemed to be in a bad mood. I had experienced Sebastian's mornings before, so it wasn't anything new. "My love," I whispered, planting a kiss on his cheek. Before I could do anything else, he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer. He was warm, and it felt nice to cuddle up to him, but I was too curious about why we were here. Knowing Sebastian, he must have played some nasty prank on the student who actually owned the room, which was why they weren't here.

I tried to extricate myself from his embrace, but he wouldn't let me go, and honestly, I didn't want to leave either. But eventually, we had to go to class. If the clock on the wall was correct, we only had thirty minutes left to get ready.

"Sebastian, you have to let go of me, we have to go to class," I said, but he held me even tighter and slid his hand under my underwear. He seemed to have different plans in mind. A knock on the door made him pause.

"Sallow, I need my room back," I heard someone say. Sebastian sat up, annoyed, but it didn't take long for him to gather his things and open the door while buttoning his shirt. I was just putting on my cloak when Harmond Flint's face appeared, nodding approvingly at Sebastian before glancing at me.

"Not bad, Sallow," he said, and I wanted to disappear into the ground. He probably thought we hadn't just been sleeping.

"Hello, Harmond," I said as I stood by Sebastian's side. The prefect smiled charmingly. "Elizabeth, always a pleasure to see you," he replied.

Harmond had been a prefect for two years now, so he knew me quite well as he had caught me wandering the grounds at night on several occasions.

"I hope you had a restful night. Next time, you should spend the night in your own dormitory so Sebastian doesn't have to beg me for a place for you to sleep," Harmond said, and I looked away to hide the heat rising in my cheeks. It was embarrassing.

We headed to the common room, where only a few scattered people remained. Most were probably already on their way to class, where we should also be. I grabbed Sebastian's hand and hurriedly pulled him along.

"Come on, or Professor Heart will give us a lecture," I said. Professor Heart had recently come to Hogwarts. She was the new professor of Magical Theory, after the position had been filled by various substitute teachers for a long time. She was young but very strict and expected top performance from every student.

Although we hadn't had breakfast, I didn't care, being late was a good reason for detention depending on Professor Heart's mood. We arrived just in time, but received looks from our classmates that spoke volumes. I looked down at myself, my blouse was not tucked into my skirt, my tie was crooked, and my hair was uncombed. Sebastian looked the same, as if he had just come out of a broom closet.

Garreth Weasley laughed and was nudged in the side by Natty, causing him to flinch.

Professor Heart looked at us with a puzzled expression as we burst into the classroom, she chuckled.

"Miss Hawkins, Mr. Sallow, although morning expressions of affection may have their appeal, I would ask that you enter the classroom in the prescribed uniform next time you appear here," she waved her wand briefly and our clothing adjusted itself as it should, "And now please take your seats."