The Dress

The next day, Sebastian and I were alone in the undercorft. We had skipped the last few lessons to spend some time together. The undercroft was closer than the Room of Requirement and we didn't want to make the long walk. We didn't do anything beyond some wild groping, mainly because someone could walk in on us, which actually happened.

Sebastian and I were intertwined, and a moan escaped him as footsteps approached. "Oh please, my poor ears," said Ominis, and I reluctantly pulled away from the brunette Slytherin, whose lap I was sitting on. "What do you want, Ominis?" asked Sebastian irritably, his hands still around my waist. "I just wanted to inform you that the others and I are now heading to Hogsmeade for the ball," said Ominis.

I looked at the standing clock in the corner, class had already ended, which meant the others were already waiting for us. I hesitantly stood up, and had to lean on Sebastian's shoulder for support. "Sorry," I said, and offered him my hand, which he didn't take right away. "I need a moment," said the Slytherin with the beautiful freckles, he was slightly out of breath. I didn't dare look anywhere else but at his face, even though I already knew what was going on inside him, as I had been sitting on his lap.

Ominis made a slightly disgusted face and I had to hold back my laughter, as there had been situations before where I had caught the Slytherin heir doing worse. "Ominis, we'll be out in a minute," I said, and Ominis now smirked. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do," he said and left the undercroft.

I looked at Sebastian, who still seemed a little out of it. "Can I help you in any way, my love?" I asked, earning a daring smile. "I can think of something," he said grinning and stood up, smoothing his clothes as he did so.

"Sebastian Sallow, don't be cheeky," I said as he wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me towards him. He pressed his lips to mine, but I pushed him away. "We have plans," I said, taking his hand to pull him out of the undercroft.

We met the others at the South Entrance of Hogwarts. The Summer Ball was not far away and most people already had something planned to wear. Many planned to have something sent by their parents, which already hung in their home wardrobes.

I remembered the lavender dress in my suitcase. I had stored it there after the house-elves had hung it in my closet because I didn't want anything to happen to it. Since the Summer Ball was announced, I hadn't even tried it on. I didn't even know if it would fit me, even though it looked like it would, I just didn't know for sure.

Upon arriving in Hogsmeade, we split up. Sebastian and Ominis went to a section for suits and tails at Gladrags, while us girls inspected dresses. There were a few changing rooms where my friends brought in several dresses.

I sat down on one of the benches, none of the dresses could overshadow what I already had, and I wouldn't have had the money for it anyway.

The first one to come out was Imelda, she wore a red dress that was tight at the waist and had long flared sleeves. The dress had a gold ornament on the chest. It looked nice, but she was a little lost in it and when she looked in the mirror, she said exactly what I was thinking. Natty wore a black dress that shone and had a small train and short puff sleeves.

I sat on the bench for about an hour until my friends had chosen something. Ominis and Sebastian were still not back. To my surprise, Imelda had chosen a golden dress with black decorations and gems, which put Poppy in almost manic delight, as those were her house colors.

Natty's dress was azure blue and tight-fitting, emphasizing her body in the right places. The sleeves were tight and went up to the elbows, so she also bought some nice gloves to go with them. Evangeline wore a light green dress embroidered at the top, with loose sleeves and frills.