Chapter 43

A few days had passed since I stormed out of the Great Hall in anger. Evangeline had sent us an owl, informing us that she would indeed finish her schooling in America because her parents needed to pursue further research. I wrote back, hoping she would keep in touch, but she didn't.

Disappointment filled me, but eventually, I had to accept that some friendships were only meant for short periods of time and not for a lifetime, even though it hurt.

I wasn't the only one saddened by the situation, but I had spent the most time with her, apart from Ominis.

Eventually, we all moved on from it. This year, the N.E.W.T.s were approaching, and everyone had to study for them. Besides that, I had plenty of other things to do.

"Well, it's not that difficult, you just need to concentrate," Sebastian said as we huddled over some books in the library, trying to understand the last Potions class.

"Mhm," I murmured, scribbling some notes on my parchment while chewing on a licorice snail. It was late afternoon, with only a few students left, and we were the only ones in the forbidden section this time, but we were actually allowed to be here.

I absentmindedly loosened my tie and let my head rest on the book in front of me.

"I'm done with this," I muttered, and Sebastian laughed. We had been sitting here for hours, and I just couldn't grasp it all.

"Let's take a break," he said, getting up and coming around the table to place his hands on my shoulders, gently massaging them.

I lifted my head and looked at him. He smiled at me tenderly while applying even pressure to my shoulders. I leaned against him. He smelled like elderflower and some new perfume that was pleasant.

His hair was, as always, tousled, and he only loosely wore his tie around his neck, with his sleeves rolled up.

I relaxed a bit and let my head fall forward again to enjoy his touch. He stopped and gently ran his thumb over the back of my neck, leaning down so that his face rested against my neck. He placed a soft kiss there, sending a shiver down my spine in a good way.

I giggled, which encouraged him to continue. He slowly trailed his lips along the side of my neck, while his hands roamed my upper body.

"Taking a break, huh?" I whispered. He grinned at me before holding my chin with one hand and kissing me.

I pushed the chair I was sitting on away as we kissed, running my hand over his shoulder and through his brown hair. Sebastian wrapped his hand around my waist, lifting me to my feet. He untucked my blouse from my skirt and slipped his hand underneath, his warm hands against my skin.

I gasped as his hand moved over my breast and threw my head back. He stopped and looked at me warningly, "You have to be quiet," he whispered against my neck. I looked at him. Who could possibly stay quiet in this situation?

"Maybe we shouldn't go that far here," I whispered, but he smiled daringly and slid his thumb over the breast where his hand still rested. I bit my lip to suppress another gasp.

"It's called the forbidden section for a reason, darling," he whispered and kissed me again. His hands became more demanding, and before I knew it, I was pressed against a bookshelf while Sebastian slowly kissed his way down to my stomach.

I clenched my fists as his hands slid under my skirt and pushed it up.

"What if someone catches us?" I whispered. His hands were already at the waistband of my undergarments, pushing it down enough to expose me as he knelt in front of me.

"If you're quiet, no one will catch us," he whispered before his mouth found the sensitive spot, causing me to gasp again.

I grabbed onto his hair tightly and pressed my lips firmly together to avoid making too much noise.