Dont blame me

"You have a phoenix?" asked an unbelieving voice, and I turned around in shock.

"What in Merlin's beard are you doing here, Sebastian?" I asked angrily.

"Well, I could ask you the same thing!" said the tall Slytherin, but his retort seemed somehow cheeky to me, considering this was my Room of Requirement that he had barged into.

"How did you even get in here?"

"I followed you," he replied to my question, and he really knew no boundaries. It was just unbelievable.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I wanted to talk to you, and you always run away from me," he said, sounding so indifferent. "Have you ever considered that I don't want to talk to you, Sebastian?" I asked, my face a mixture of fear and confusion.

"Has it occurred to you that I don't accept that we should be enemies, Elisabeth?"

"You decided that!" I exclaimed. "I just wanted to be left alone, why can't you accept that?" My voice sounded as desperate as I was, all my frustration rising to the surface as I threw it at him.

"Because you're important to me, I need you in my life," he said now, his voice also filled with despair.

"No, you don't, you just want to prove how much power you have over me," I said through gritted teeth. His gaze darkened, and only now did I notice the shadows under his eyes. He looked like he hadn't slept in days.

"You're deluding yourself so you can believe that I'm your enemy, but I'm not, I never have been," he said sharply.

"If I were to cast a curse on you, you'd be just as angry!" I screamed.

"Then do it already!" he screamed back, spreading his arms wide. He didn't have his wand in hand, unlike me.

"Take revenge for the Scriptorum, take revenge for the evening on the Astronomy Tower!" he looked at me angrily. "That's what you want, you want revenge, I can see it in your eyes."

He was right, I wanted revenge.

You're playing with fire.

I turned my face away, I couldn't hurt him. "I can't hurt you, Sebastian," I said.

"But you want to hurt me," he said. I dropped my wand and took a few steps back. I looked at him, shaking my head.

"No."

"Elisabeth."

"Go away, Sebastian, please," I said, my voice now soaked with tears. I couldn't look at him.

"Please, Beth," he begged, Sebastian fell to his knees.

I was out of my mind, had crossed all lines, I wanted to go to him, I was so obsessed with Sebastian Sallow that I thought he had enchanted me with Amortentia.

I hesitated, I hesitated for a long time. I probably stood there for several minutes until I took the first step towards Sebastian. My knees were weak, and I felt dizzy.

I knelt before him, tears running down his cheeks.

I placed my hands on his face and he opened his eyes, his dark green, captivating eyes. I gently wiped the tears from his cheeks with my thumbs.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, and his eyes softened as relief washed over him. We knelt in silence for a while, just looking at each other. Then I stood up and offered him my hand, which he took.

"Let's go sit somewhere more comfortable," I said, leading him out of the enclosure. I had some sofas in the room, one of which was in front of a fireplace that I had also conjured up, amidst several bookshelves.

We sat on the green velvet couch, with me at the opposite end from Sebastian, barely touching each other. We were silent for a while again, until he cleared his throat.

"So, you and Ominis... that was a false alarm?" he asked now, and I looked at him in disbelief.

"Oh no, we were together and then he decided he wanted something with Evangeline instead and dropped me like a hot potato," I said sarcastically. "Of course that was a false alarm," I added.

Sebastian shifted his weight, as if he felt uncomfortable.

"That thing with the tie was just... well, I thought-"

"Sebastian, I didn't sleep with Ominis!" I exclaimed and he flinched. "It's okay, I'm sorry," he said, raising his hands defensively. "Ominis has many admirers, I just thought it wouldn't be surprising if you liked him too."

"My heart beats for someone else," I replied. Sebastian looked directly into my eyes. "For whom?" he breathed. I tilted my head and smiled. "Are you seriously asking me that?" I asked.

He bit his lip.

"I-", said Sebastian, his breath quickened as if he could barely breathe.

"You?"

"I'm afraid I'll hurt you," said Sebastian. I snorted as if he had never done that before. He frowned and looked at me slightly annoyed.

"You know what I mean."

"Yes, but it's not like I can't handle it, Sebastian."

"Should I look at your leg, then we can see how well you can handle it," it was a mean accusation he made.

I stood up and ran my hand through my hair, "What do you want from me, Sebastian? It can't be friendship because otherwise, you wouldn't fly off the handle every time you think I'm with someone!" I said, my tone louder than necessary, but I was exhausted from this back and forth.

He stood up too, pacing back and forth across the room. Back and forth. Back and forth.

"I don't know," he said, but I dismissed that sentence with a wave of my hand.

"That's nonsense, you're just not honest with yourself," I said, looking at him with raised eyebrows.

He stopped.

The moment I met you, I knew you meant trouble.

"You want the truth?"

"At least be honest with yourself, Sebastian," I said, frustrated, he looked at me for a moment.

"Fine."

He walked towards me, his hands on my cheeks as he leaned down towards me.

Then his lips met mine.