15

"I heard they sacked you, or is that just a rumor?" Stewy asked her curiously, leaning into the bar counter 

"Hello to you as well Stewy." Marguerite replied, rolling her eyes "Nice seeing you in the flesh, after what? Ten years?"

"You didn't expect us to be friendly, did you?" He asked, pretending to sound offended "I couldn't, not after everything with Kendall hit the fan."

"I don't blame you for choosing him. He was your friend first." She stated bluntly "I would do the same."

"Well, you chose Shiv. Both times, I think? That is, if you're going to the wedding for all the rights reasons. Actually, were you even invited?"

"Funny Stewy. Funny."

"I'm just making conversation, that's all. Besides, I didn't think I'd ever get to see you again. Why are you here by the way? In fucking Rhomboid of all places?"

"Long story."

"Do I get to hear how you were fired?"

She shoots him a nasty look "I was not fired."

"Eh, that's not what I've been hearing."

"Who have you been talking to?" Marguerite questions looking at him strangely "It hasn't even been publicly announced that I left yet."

He shrugs "So, I now finally understand why Kendall had a thing for the accent. It's different now, did you finally stopping holding back for Captain Shiv?"

"Stewy, do you have a reason to be here?"

He looks around and then chuckles "I do, believe me. Otherwise, I'd let my girlfriend rip through here alone. But, you being here is more interesting than my actual business at the moment. You've really got to tell me why you came here. I'm beyond intrigued."

"Find me someone who has a stash of something, and then you've got a deal."

"What do you want?" He asks, "I'll get it over here in five."

"Surprise me."

He looks at her and grins for a second before laughing "God, you really haven't changed" she looks almost insulted as he continues "No, god no don't be offended Lou, it's a compliment."

He motions towards someone and then looks at her cheekily "So, are you going to tell me or what?"

"They're replacing me, and in order to do that they have to announce it. Which to them meant doing some sort of ridiculous cover shoot. It was supposed to be some flirtatious and gorgeous send off, but instead it was a butchered mess. Absolutely awful. I ended up breaking a mirror."

"Was it an expensive one?"

"Does it matter?"

"No, just curious."

"Well, I made my assistant call someone. I can't remember who. Maybe a Craig? Sam? I don't know. But they told us to come here."

"Since when do you have an assistant? Thought you were a loner."

"American Vogue."

Stewy raises an eyebrow "Is that something you even want to do? Because I mean, it sounds like you fucking hate it, and you haven't even started, right?"

"It's all I've ever done. Besides, fashion provides me some sort of happiness. Right? Because what else does?"

"Sex? The power of friendship?" Stewy offers up, taking a sip of his own drink, watching as the man he motioned over, places an assortment of drugs, neatly packaged in front of her. "Take the red pill Lou." He taunts, pushing one of the packs towards her "Just not all at once. Vomit ruins the mood, and I have company coming."