67

Tom and Greg walked slowly around the retreat. Their eyes both open and peeled as they walked around, unsure of what to think of anything and everything. There was archery, and axe throwing. Kendall and Marguerite sitting nearby with Shiv.

Tom was cautious as he roamed "Okay, so we need to play this very delicately. Laid before you is a chessboard. Every move is crucial. So what have you got?" He asks Greg

"Matsson? Pretty cold."

"Right?"

"When he's fucking randos he does noise cancelling headphones."

"Right."

"Podcasts. He just lies back, cans on. Watches 'em slide the beanpole."

"Okay, well I'm not sure how I'm gonna use that to my advantage."

"Well uh, Karl and Frank seem to think that"

"Think what?" Tom asks

"Uh, I heard some rumors that Marguerite and Matsson might be" Greg makes a lude gesture with his hands.

Tom raises an eyebrow "Boning the next big boss man?"

"Yeah. They uh, they aren't sure though."

Tom nods his head "Um, and what about in terms of the cage fighting?"

"Yeah, so some say Ebba. Some say Oskar. In terms of who's keeping the kill list."

"Oh, so there is a kill list?"

"Oh, yeah. I have it on good authority. There's a kill list. Yeah."

"Right."

"Like, eight, nine names. It's evolving."

"Okay, if they're fucking" he motions to Marguerite "Do you think she's you know, giving input?"

"I—I uh, I don't know. This was all supposed to be classified."

"Classified, Greg? Who's trusted you with anything classified since Congress?"

"Sources."

"Sources?" Tom rolls his eyes "Okay, I'm going in. Fuck it. I need profile. But keep your eyes out, okay? If I need a pawn sacrifice, I'm going to give you the eyes. Okay?"

Greg, then found himself wandering on over to the group of siblings, in the company of Marguerite as well.

"Hey guys, what's the counter?" He asks, towering over the group almost comically.

Marguerite sighs, sitting down. Her hands wrapped around Kendall's neck gently, trying to show him more affection than normal. She knew he was feeling tense and wound up from Lukas. She didn't need him believing it.

So she was comforted when his hand reached up, taking one of her hands into his, rubbing circles into her palm carefully

"What?" Shiv asks

"In case you guys want to sling some ideas around. Just..within the safety of the quad."

"The Quad?"

"Yeah, the Quad Squad. The—The Roy Patrol. The—The old team. The fucking—The..Da family."

"Da fuck?" Shiv mocks

"There's five of us, Greg." Marguerite answers "You can be our gimp if you want."

"Expendable?" Shiv asks

"Definitely." Roman answers, pointing a finger at Shiv

"Yeah, maybe you can get me a coffee or something." Shiv says, shrugging