36

Tom Wambsgans woke up to a particularly pissed off Siobhan Roy, just a few short days after the crucifixion of Vaulter. It was almost as if the pair could never just sip their coffee in peace, or pet their damn dog. There alway, always had to be a conversation about the people they loved to loathe.

Today, being Marguerite Garnier.

A name he winced upon hearing, probably due to the fact that Tom had once fucked her, well, several times and then dumped her once he discovered that Siobhan Roy liked him more than Marguerite ever would. Turns out, the heiress and him had a lot in common- they both enjoyed fucking the Roys.

Something that had become apparent at his breakfast nook.

"Do you think she's pregnant? I think she's pregnant." Shiv said, looking up from her phone and showing Tom a picture that had been shown by one of ATN's more pop culture related news channels, and then ultimately retweeted by Waystar RoyCo.

A photo depicting Marguerite and Kendall in the Waystar Offices, a plump ring on her finger. The caption reading something about staying united, or family staying together. Something stupid.

"I don't know Shiv, you don't think she's an abortion type of gal?" He teases

"I don't know. I didn't have sex with her. You did."

He stiffens "Well, she always told me she was on birth control. But there were a few times she let me penetrate without a co—"

She makes a face at him "Gross. Tom. I don't want to hear that. Ever."

"Uh-huh. Got it. Duly noted."

"Seriously. Don't ever do that. Okay?"

"Got it."

"Okay. Great. I just can't believe he's actually doing it. One of them has to be blowing Dad, right?"

Tom shrugs "They've both gotten pretty close recently. Haven't they?"

"Yeah. I know, that's why I'm asking." Shiv stops, looking at Tom curiously "Tom, do you think they're you know, fucking me or us over?"

She adds the us at the last minute, hoping it appeals to him.

"What? No." He says as he begins blowing out air "God no. They aren't smart enough. Think of all the coke they take. All the powder flowing in their brains."

Shiv narrows her eyes "Yeah. I guess you're right." She shows him the phone again "Look at the ring. It's ridiculous. That probably cost him over a million."

"Not worth it?" Tom jokes

"Definitely not. She'll probably sell it, or gift it to someone in a giveaway for a shitty magazine."

"Do people do that?" He asks

"When they're desperate to look good. Yeah, sure. Anything is on the table."

"Well uh, shouldn't we get going?" Tom asks, gesturing to his watch "Logan, your dad, he was pretty serious about everyone getting there on time."

"On time." Shiv enunciates "For the planning for Pierce slash engagement party for the addicts?"

Tom grimaces "Apparently, Marguerite has been a good little doggy, and uh, has been making her rounds with the shareholders."

"Fucking them, or providing them with dealers?"

"Shiv. We're going to be late" Tom sounds as if he was about to whine

"What? Are you excited for this shit show? Or does my ex best friend still excite you, toot your horn a little?"