66

The group had arrived to Norway by the next morning, and Kendall Roy II hadn't left his father's arms all night. Until he started crying in the morning. Then he had been reluctantly dumped into Marguerite's hands, where she and Kendall had a quick exchange, swapping their child for a laptop.

"Play nice" Kendall had muttered "I don't need you fucking shit up with Matsson."

"How would I mess anything up?" She asks "I'm not even in the company."

"Yeah, but you're here. You haven't been in a good mood. I don't want you mouthing off at him. You know how he is."

"You're right. I think I've known him longer than you." She shoves his laptop into his chest and walks off, observing the scenery as she exited the car. The mountains were tall and plush. The air was thick, yet sweet. More favorable than the ground she was used to walking on.

Marguerite didn't ever really get to venture into nature. She had been raised in two cities, and the only time she'd ever seen anything else had been on various boats and short vacations. Or her boarding school out in the woods.

It was gorgeous.

Looking around, Kendall pulled on his cap "So, where do we go?"

"Which way to Chairman Matsson's reeducation camp?" Shiv asks, shooting Marguerite a smile and motioning for her accompany her.

Odd.

A man with a beard motions to the nearby golf carts "Ah, take a seat. We're about to leave. Two more bags coming."

And so the ride ensued, leading the group of Waystar members to their now joint retreat with the GoJo team. The smell of trees and genuine nature settling into Marguerite's head, causing Shiv to laugh, especially after looking at her son.

Her son who was looking as if he cared less about the surroundings and more about his mother, as he was wrapped up in a coat and then an additional blanket.

"I'm sorry about Ken" Shiv finally said, as they road along the pathways, her expression hidden under her sunglasses. "Really, Lou. He's being a dick."

"I know."

"Okay. Just—just know I'm here? Okay?" She rests a hand on Marguerite's shoulder in an odd effort to show her support. Since when does Shiv Roy do that?

"I just—I would want you to do the same for me. We're friends. Aren't we?"

"Yeah. Sure."

"I mean it" Shiv says as the ride stops "I do. Okay? Keep me in."

And then Kendall walks up, offering his arm to Marguerite "Sorry to uh, break up the party, but I think I should show Lou our room. Unless she's partying with you and Tom?"

"Tom and I aren't—" Shiv shakes her head "No. We aren't in the same room."

"Oh, maybe you should have a sleepover later?" Kendall mutters, watching as his wife reluctantly takes his arm.

"Knock it off" Marguerite whispers as they walk off to their room "You were complaining about appearances, but look who's causing a scene now."

"You rode up with my sister. That causes enough problems."

"It was a five minute ride Kendall, and most people know that I knew Shiv before you." She pushes open the cabin door and steps inside, ignoring him as he follows her inside.

It was quaint. A bit too modern for her tastes. Too much glass. Too much of a view. But she ignored it, sitting down on the bed, and watching as Kendall stood in front of the glass, sighing.