Chapter 𝟭

Mark, a senior who just graduated, seems like a total idiot, but he's flirty and unintentionally funny, so Donghyuck gives him a chance. This fun experience ends up with an unexpected twist—Donghyuck gets pregnant and he wants to keep the baby. The decision is good, the kid is cute and easily becomes the light of Donghyuck's life. Until Mark makes an appearance out of the blue.

The first time Donghyuck met Mark was in 2023, at the senior students' graduation party. They sat at the table with a bunch of strangers, all of them were from different majors, so they didn't get along that well and were really awkward.

Donghyuck was silent most of the time as he didn't know what to say to those people. His eyes met with a couple of them, and Mark was one of them, too, but neither said a thing or if they did, it was one word at most. Donghyuck hated it. If only he could leave and spend time with people he actually knew. But no, he had to be polite and celebrate the seniors' graduation from different university programs just because someone thought it would be fun to gather them all in one place and make them share their experiences...

Things changed when someone ordered alcohol. Donghyuck observed a few people around the table he knew had to be the graduates—they had their square academic caps on. That one particular student, whom the boy didn't know was named Mark yet, looked back at Donghyuck and smiled. The younger returned the same but felt awkward to look at the guy again. He was a damn stranger just like the rest of the people.

Other students, way younger than the seniors, forced them to take a shot and mark the start of a new life. Plenty of students voluntarily drank, even those who appeared to be against alcohol at first. And that's exactly when everything changed. They started playing games, and now all of them turned into quite talkative human beings. They got into conversations as if they weren't awkward just about twenty minutes ago. Donghyuck unleashed his extroverted personality and turned louder—he was the one who started topics and thought of games. His table and his neighbors turned out to be fun people. The students started getting along.

They drank and drank, but Donghyuck was fine. He had a high alcohol tolerance which couldn't be said the same about some of the people at the table. The fun conversations and games came to an end when people got drunk. One guy next to him knocked himself out, and another—began building stuff out of salted peanuts, meanwhile, a girl a few seats away pretended to be "drunk" to attract guys. Donghyuck let them all be and continued drinking on his own as he looked for other people. Since his chatter buddies were down, the boy looked around the table only to catch Mark staring at him again.

No matter how many people Donghyuck saw throughout that night and how many games he played with them, Mark was one of those people he noticed the least. All he knew whenever he looked at the senior was his loud laugh. He laughed at literally everything. But now he realized another thing. This particular senior had been looking at him all this time.

Taking a longer look at the senior, Donghyuck could tell he was on the handsome side. His darker-than-black short hair, which no longer had the academic cap on, made him look way younger than he was. Showing his forehead, he most likely looked for a way to get girls. He had high cheekbones and a nose with a natural curve. His eyebrows, which seemingly had met with a pair of tweezers before, and his doe and dark boba-like eyes, although innocent at first, exhibited a playful side of him... He was handsome.