Chapter 𝟭𝟯

"A lot happened tonight, and I don't know how about you, but I'm not going to deny it," Dongwoo said with so much determination.

The dramatic pause he made was ruined when a sound of a honking bus and long tirades of swearing came out from the driver. The younger brother whined, as he always got uncomfortable when someone swore.

Donghyuck chuckled at what he heard and laid down on his bed, tossing the phone on the pillow as he plugged in earphones.

"Sorry about that dirty mouth," Dongwoo clicked his tongue. "Why are you silent? Are you still there?"

"I can't run away, right?" Donghyuck scoffed. "You'd call me again and bother me until I answer your call."

"Yes, of course! Because I concluded something!" Dongwoo said mysteriously as if he had found a new cure or something. "Listen up, brother! Because I'll swear just like the driver soon! I think Teacher Lee wants to fuck you. But like romantically."

It was weird hearing Dongwoo saying this word when he was always the naive and innocent one. It was even weirder because he was using public transport.

"Where the hell did you get that?" Donghyuck sighed, already tired of his family members assuming people around him were always thirsty for sexual intercourse. "And what the heck does 'romantically' mean in this context?"

"You don't seem to understand me. Gosh, didn't you see how he was looking at you?"

"No, I only saw how he was looking at you!"

"Brother! He said he couldn't tell us apart. Whenever he looked at me, he thought of you! And my presence must've reminded him of you two together," Dongwoo said this whole thing in a quick speech. Then took a deep breath and spoke calmer. "When I left, I saw him waiting for me downstairs. He asked me if I needed a ride. I agreed because he said he'll do it for free."

Donghyuck's heart skipped a beat. He sat up straight and seized onto the wire of his earphones—yeah, he still used those in 2031.

"Don't tell me he did something to you. Did he touch you—"

"No, he didn't. He was really polite and... Oh, I can't tell you this. I promised him, I won't."

"What the hell? Tell me!" Donghyuck frowned.

"I can't!"

"So, you can tell everything to Dad, but when it comes to me, your brain suddenly gets an update, and you get a secret protection mode or something?"

"That's hilarious," Dongwoo cracked up, annoying his older brother even more.

"No, it's not. Tell me!"

"I can't!"

"I'll send you dozens of onion pictures. What about that?"

"No!" Dongwoo wailed. "Please don't."

"Just tell me!"

"I can't. I can't. I can't," Dongwoo cried. "I can just tell you this... Don't get surprised if he makes a move on you."

"What?!"

"That's all I can say. I'll try to keep it a secret from Dad, though. You two look cute together, so..."

"Try very hard, okay? I don't want any problems— wait, what?"

Dongwoo ended the call.

Donghyuck sat there petrified. No way. If Mark makes a move on him, that would go against the rules he set. And those rules consisted of 1) don't get a man, 2) don't let him flirt with you—he thinks he's getting a chance, 3) he takes your attention away from your child, 4) he doesn't know how to deal with kids, 5) he's a bad father figure and lastly the new rule 6) avoid any physical or emotional contact with the biological dad.