Chapter 𝟯𝟵

Donghyuck didn't know how to feel at Mark's place. You see, usually when he got there, they would fuck. Of course, one time he came here to nurse Mark as the latter was sick, but much more often crashed there when they wanted to have fun. That's why he felt weird coming in there and standing there, awkwardly, as he didn't know what to do, and how to behave.

Mark was the opposite. It seemed he was excited to have a guest as he suddenly turned very bubbly.

"Sit down and rest as much as you want. If it's fine for you, I'll go, and to my office for a bit. I have to do something."

He went there, leaving Donghyuck alone in confusion and uneasiness. He found an armchair and sat down, locking his eyes on the TV, which was still on the floor. He stared at the screen, then flinched and grabbed his phone. Mom must be worried about him as she didn't get any calls or texts!

Donghyuck glanced at the room where Mark was in to at least guess how much the older could hear. But then he realized that he didn't hear a thing coming from the office, so the walls must've been thick. He called Mom and told her that he was safe. He also briefly mentioned Mark since she had to know where and with whom he was to fully relax. Of course, she wanted more details, but Donghyuck didn't feel like gossiping when Mark was just in another room.

"I'm fine for now. I hope I'll return home tonight," he said. "Better tell me how's Dongchan."

Donghyuck's day got better as he heard how greatly his son spent his early summer. In the mornings, he read books, and after lunch, he went to the playground with Dongwoo and played basketball with kids his age!

After he said goodbye to his mom, he called his neighbor and asked her about Nyx. Donghyuck got mad at Haewon for messing up his routine, as the neighbor claimed the cat was sad and not so playful anymore. In fact, it hid whenever the neighbor came to check on her. The bowls were empty, but there was no sign of the cat around.

"Please, take care of her. I'm planning to return soon," Donghyuck said, but he wasn't sure about that.

The last call ended, and Donghyuck used his phone to see all the security cameras in his apartment. He checked all the rooms, looking for Nyx only to find her on Dongchan's bed. Donghyuck got upset—it seemed that the cat missed the kid. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad to take her to the family house?

The next thing Donghyuck did was stop on the camera that showed the outside of the apartment—the staircase. He saw no one there, but as he checked the one outside the window that showed the parking lot, he ran his eyes to all the vehicles and easily spotted Haewon's Honda Accord. Donghyuck got instantly annoyed. Gritting his teeth and digging his nails into his palm, he tried to suppress the anger, but it was too much. That man lurked for him, hidden between other cars. He expected Donghyuck to go home this time as if he knew the younger would try it.

"Asshole," he grumbled and locked his phone, tossing it on the coffee table.

After a few more minutes of thinking about his home, he started getting bored. So, to keep himself entertained, he looked around Mark's living room, noticing only a few changes—such as new curtains and a rug—as everything was almost the same and still exposing Mark as being a single guy. The apartment needed a touch of someone sensitive to the mess around. Donghyuck noticed dust on the floor and took a wild guess that Mark didn't clean anything, and his sister-in-law was the one doing it.

He had to stop being a judge when his stomach suddenly growled. Donghyuck looked at his wristwatch and sighed. It was dinner time, and he needed to eat something. Too bad he wasn't at home.

"Hyung?" he yelled to the older.

"Yeah?" he heard the answer.

"Is there something in your fridge I can cook for dinner?"