Chapter 𝟯𝟳

It was fun watching the movie with Mark. They spent a lot of time on it, so they parted ways late at night. Donghyuck wanted to walk Mark to his car, but the latter refused, emphasizing the late hour and asking the younger to go to sleep. So, Donghyuck watched how Mark left the parking lot by looking out the window. Then he sat down on the sofa and stayed on his phone for several hours as he had no desire to sleep.

He didn't know the time he fell asleep, but when he woke up, he was still on the sofa, lying uncomfortably that his neck hurt. Nyx was there too, sleeping on his stomach and stretching when she was the owner waking up. Donghyuck spent Sunday lazily, not even changing his clothes and just walking around wearing the same outfit as yesterday.

He felt at peace when he remembered last night. Not only did he finally deal with Haewon, but he and Mark got along well and could be friends again. Donghyuck had already started planning what they'd do next weekend they see each other. At that time, he had no idea that until the weekend, a journey full of nightmares waited for him.

The morning at work was calmer than last week. There was no sight of Haewon, and the rumors seemed to vanish into thin air. No one gave much attention to the two as their relationship was old news already. People focused on working again. Thanks to that, Donghyuck could return to his usual routine.

Not for long, though. During the last hours of Monday's shift, he started hearing whispers. He didn't pay attention to it as he thought he was paranoid. But on Tuesday morning, he heard a few work besties whispering about him as he approached a coffee machine. They did it quite loudly as if wanting Donghyuck to hear them.

"What's wrong with him? Last week, he dated Haewon, and now his son's teacher."

"Goodness. I heard it's for his son's grades. Does that mean Dongchan is disabled?"

Donghyuck gritted his teeth. Haewon was too low to spread such information at work. It was obviously him because he was the only one who knew. Donghyuck wasn't surprised, though. Before he even knew that Haewon changed for the worse, he already thought it was a piece of too-sensitive information. That's why he got angry at Mark for telling Haewon.

But excluding Haewon's mess he made, it was one thing when they talked badly about him having a relationship with a teacher. But another was when they dragged Dongchan into this. They didn't even know anything about him. These people rarely see him, and they feel it is okay to call Dongchan like that.

He patiently waited for the cup to fill and, then, grabbing it, slightly burning his palm, he made his way to the gossipers, "What are you discussing, ladies? Dongchan is a what?"

From their faces, Donghyuck could guess they didn't think he would confront them. They thought they'd annoy him with gossip and make him run away. Little did they know that Donghyuck was ruthless and aggressive whenever it came to his kid.

"W-well, we were wondering whether Dongchan has—"

"Has what, sweetheart?" Donghyuck innocently blinked, but he was burning her with his eyes.

"I-I don't know..."

The one who was speaking looked at the other. Perhaps, the second one was more prepared as she spoke without stuttering.

"We heard he has dyslexia."

"Yeah, but he's doing great. I'm taking him to specialists."

It was obvious that they had a lot to say to each other, but not to Donghyuck. No matter how long he stood there, neither brought up the teacher. They were scared.

He left the two alone after torturing them with his sharp staring. He wasn't calm at all, though. Going down the hallway, to his office room, he suddenly had a thought of coming to Haewon and having a chat with him. Donghyuck almost turned around and headed the opposite way when he stopped and controlled himself. Wouldn't that be more amusing to all of these gossipers? They would have more things to talk about if he suddenly confronted Haewon.