Chapter 𝟮𝟵

Donghyuck was glad his brothers came over for the weekend. After Friday and a little glass of wine with his brothers, he woke up tired even though he slept longer than usual. Because of that, he wanted to spend the rest of the day lazily, so Dongmin and Dongwoo's presence relieved him. They cooked meals for Dongchan and took care of the kid and the cat throughout the day. Donghyuck heard them reading, playing games, watching movies, and talking. Once in a while, they came to see how their older brother was doing. But either Donghyuck was sleeping or just doing something on his phone with Nyx on his stomach.

He got the energy to do something in the evening. He came out, receiving a few comments from Dongmin, who compared his sudden appearance to hibernation. Donghyuck ignored him and joined the brothers and his son on the sofa. He watched the movie without much knowledge about the plot but caught the action really well. Before he could feel it, he noticed a few flat characters and commented about them. As if this wasn't enough, he even paused the movie a few times to speak his mind. Dongwoo liked the older brother's comments, but Dongmin found that all annoying.

"Since when did you become a movie judge?" he grumbled.

Donghyuck wanted to tell Dongmin that blindly watching the movie without criticizing it wasn't entertaining, and there was a lot he missed. But he shut his mouth as he realized where he got all that from. Just because of Teacher Lee, Donghyuck began noticing such things...

"Would you stay over?" he asked them after the movie ended and they started cleaning up.

"Do you want to? I mean, I would love to be away from parents. They suck," Dongmin rolled his eyes.

"You sound like a teenager," Donghyuck faked a gag. "Cringe."

"Stop it, you two," Dongwoo pouted. "Let's be friendly."

Since Dongwoo was the peaceful one, Donghyuck let him sleep on the other side of his king-sized bed. Hugging Dongchan, as he got there too, Dongwoo fell asleep right away. Dongmin got the sofa in the living room, but he was used to sleeping in weird places, so he must've felt appreciated.

Throughout the night, Donghyuck couldn't sleep normally as Nyx kept coming to him, and, even though she was still a young cat, she was getting heavy. When she laid on top of him for too long, that part started hurting, and he had to change his sleeping position once in a while.

"Come on, girl. Go to Dongchan," Donghyuck groaned when it was five in the morning.

Nyx didn't leave him even when he woke up and wanted to join Dongwoo in the kitchen to make breakfast.

"She's always been with me for the past week," Donghyuck complained when Dongmin came to check on him, excusing himself that Dongwoo asked to.

"Maybe you're sick," he said apathetically, but the older brother could tell he was concerned.

"I'm a little exhausted, that's all."

"Okay, either you're dying, or you're pregnant. There are only two options why a cat would be like this."

"No way," Donghyuck scoffed. "I'm healthy, and I'm not pregnant. Your older bro loves protection way more than anyone else in this house."

Donghyuck used condoms every single time he was with Mark. And he even checked if there was a malfunction or if it broke during intercourse. Only after he made sure it never happened did he stop being so paranoid and even allowed himself to skip an after pill.

"I know two people," Dongmin went on. "My friend's grandma died after the cat didn't leave her alone for weeks. And then one girl I was seeing..."

"The same you fucked in my car?"