Chapter 𝟭𝟴

Dongmin's schedule was packed as much as Donghyuck remembered. He studied to be an engineer. But why was it that he had time to be around Dongchan's school at 1 PM?

"What the heck are you doing here?" Donghyuck barked as he got out of his car and walked to his brother.

"I need your car, remember?"

"Oh..."

Donghyuck was glad that he didn't say his usual line something like, "Did Dad send you?" Awkwardly he laughed but then realized.

"Gosh, I can't give it to you right now. How am I supposed to take Dongchan home?"

"Taxi?" Dongmin raised his eyebrow. "Come on, you're wealthy. It's not expensive or something. If you don't want to, there's always public transport."

"You have a motorcycle..." Donghyuck narrowed his eyes. "Why do you need my car?"

"Should I be honest?" Dongmin chuckled. "Well, there's a girl I like. She lives with her parents, they're quite strict, so we can't meet whenever we want. That's why I need a car."

"Wait... You're not going to fuck her in my car?" Donghyuck gasped dramatically.

"Why not?"

"It's a car I drive Dongchan in every day! Don't you dare do something nasty in there!"

Before they could argue on this topic, Dongchan got out of the building and screamed upon noticing Uncle Min.

"Wahh, Dongchan is a great kid! He stays for cleaning hour!" Dongmin commented, switching the topic and even turning his back to Donghyuck.

"Not so fast," the older brother grabbed his arm. "Promise me!"

"Okay, okay."

Donghyuck forced Dongmin to face him and only when they stared into each other's eyes long enough to seal a promise, did the older one let him go and went toward his car.

He picked up his stuff and then gave full access to his brother. The latter got happy, especially when he checked the back of the car. But then quickly faced Donghyuck and pretended that he didn't.

"I'm warning you," Donghyuck glared.

"Weird to hear from someone who made their kid in the backseat of a stranger's car."

"Shut up!" Donghyuck's face flushed. "Better tell me when you plan to return it!"

"I don't know."

Dongmin closed the door and turned on the engine. Soon he drove off, leaving his nephew in confusion. And here was Donghyuck, growing mad for what he did.

"Why did he take our car?" he asked innocently.

"He needs it for some business," Donghyuck explained as shortly as possible. "So, shall we take a taxi?"

Donghyuck stayed up late in the evening, waiting for Dongmin to return. He didn't. Neither he returned the car nor did he call to warn his older brother. So, the next morning, with so much stress, Donghyuck tried to contact him, and getting even angrier, he called the taxi only to hear that no one wanted to pick him up that early. Either all the drivers were busy or were still asleep.

Trying not to show how mad he was to Dongchan, he took a deep breath and announced that they'd take public transport. Dongchan got happy—he liked things that changed their monotonous lives. That was Donghyuck's nightmare, however. As a driver of his personal car where he could go and do everything he wanted, he felt restricted on a public bus. A loud and crispy radio sound coming from the driver annoyed Donghyuck. The worst must've been that it was a morning bus, therefore it was packed and all seats were taken. The crowds of people brushing past him, saying sorry or just glaring made him check his pockets to make sure he still had his phone with him.