Chapter 𝟮𝟱

After living a few years without other men, and doing great, Donghyuck's life was totally ruined when one, then another appeared and changed his routine. Mark liked him, but it seemed like Haewon still did too. Even if he asked to be friends, nothing more, he had different plans.

Donghyuck hated what was happening in his life. Just how much he wanted to shut himself down and just live with Dongchan with no disturbance. But it was impossible.

The biggest danger, in his opinion, was Mark. His feelings seemed to be the strongest out of the two. He also had stronger contact with Dongchan than Haewon. If Donghyuck wanted to keep his morals and have Dongchan all for himself, he had to spend less time with Mark or plan something to keep him away. He thought a lot about it and realized that the only way to prevent Mark from developing even bigger expectations of something impossible was to keep Haewon close.

This man was like a shield. Seeing another male next to Donghyuck, especially the one who used to be someone in his life before, should make Mark retreat or, at least, slow down. The only problem was that after listening to Dongchan's complaints, Teacher Lee started hating Haewon and got more reasons to turn against him. Would that make him do something to get Donghyuck's attention? That would be the worst... Donghyuck was sure this would push Haewon to do something to...

Using Haewon as a wall to separate himself from Mark had its flaws too. For the past few nights, Donghyuck couldn't help but think that Haewon might think he has a chance and make moves. He knew about his ex-boyfriend's relationship with the teacher, and he heard Donghyuck explaining it as just 'getting carried away'. That meant he was single and had no commitment to anyone. Wasn't it the perfect condition for a friend to try and break the boundaries? Donghyuck realized he'd have to fight on two fronts just to get rid of men and peacefully live with his kid. He wanted neither of them.

Keeping everything in mind, he greeted the teacher very formally when the latter stepped inside. He knew Mark noticed it, but he didn't say anything and got in, heading straight to Dongchan. Haewon wasn't present at that time, but as hours passed, he came. Mark ignored his existence, just like Dongchan. The similarity annoyed Donghyuck. Even when they weren't aware of blood relations, they still did the same things.

As if he wasn't sensitive enough, Haewon radiated more irritation when he suddenly turned very clingy to Donghyuck. Mostly, he did that when he was certain Mark saw it. So, it happened a lot during the break. It made Donghyuck uncomfortable, especially when he understood why Haewon was so courageous. He knew Donghyuck most likely ended his sexual relationship with Mark, so he touched Donghyuck to tease the teacher.

After touches followed insolent questions. Sitting across from Mark, but on the sofa, not on the floor, Haewon seemed to think of himself as superior.

"Is there a day, when you, Teacher Lee, sit and think you got tired of watching over strangers' kids?"

"Never," Mark replied, not even looking at him. "I like teaching them."

"Don't you want to get ones of your own?"

"I think about it sometimes."

Donghyuck glanced at Dongchan. Even when Mark was there, the kid was on his phone as if trying to dissociate himself from the adults' talk. He really didn't like the new company. Papa didn't like it.

"Then go out and date," Haewon scoffed.

"I would if I could," Mark chuckled, lining up the notebooks on the coffee table. Doing something, so he wouldn't have to look at the other man.

"What's stopping you?" asked Haewon, obviously having fun.

"I'm a workaholic," Mark said, smiling. "I also have bad luck."