Chapter 𝟯𝟬

The morning wasn't as wise as it was promised. Donghyuck woke up more exhausted than ever, and when he spotted Nyx on him again, he wanted to cry.

This didn't remind him of his first pregnancy. When he found out about Dongchan's existence, he just accepted his fate as he needed a break from his studies, and then he just got used to it. But when this happened so suddenly, especially after he claimed he didn't want another child, everything seemed like the end of the world. As if the unexpectedness wasn't enough, the baby was most likely conceived in the same car as Dongchan and with the same man too! How ridiculous was that?

He tried to get himself together and didn't show he was unwell to Dongchan. But, seeing the kid being so clueless about the atmosphere and getting happy about breakfast, Donghyuck couldn't help but get upset. Dongchan was partly involved in this too. Even though he didn't ask Teacher Lee and Papa to go and bang in that car, he kind of summoned the baby with his letter to Easter Bunny! What a coincidence.

Donghyuck's head was a mess all the way he drove his kid to school. He tried to engage in conversations with Dongchan but ended up not listening and planning for the near future. What should he even do? The easiest way had to be to get rid of the baby and keep it a secret—Mark didn't have to know a thing. The hardest way was to keep it and gift Dongchan a sibling just like he wanted. Was it bad? Donghyuck knew he would be able to raise and support another kid, but was it worth it? He always knew he wanted Dongchan to be the one and only child, but... what if there was another kid. What if it was a girl? No, he should think about something else too. Like, was it right to make kids with a man, kind of use him, and then raise them without him knowing?

The car honked at him, and he flinched. Learning that he was still on the road, Donghyuck pinched himself to focus. Dongchan didn't get scared of the honking, he laughed that Papa was asleep with his eyes open. This wasn't funny to Donghyuck. Just because of his mind, he turned into an irresponsible driver. Avoiding any car accidents, he pushed all of his thoughts away and then safely drove his son to school.

Donghyuck left just as he dropped Dongchan as he didn't want to run into Teacher Lee. He got straight to work, where he kept his brain busy with economic issues, evaluating them. The intense work succeeded in taking his mind away, but then one of his co-workers walked into his office, beaming as she said that Haewon was finally hired. Donghyuck went to meet him a few floors below, even though he wanted to stay away from everyone.

Haewon didn't say anything useful during the little welcoming party. He talked to everyone he remembered and got along with those he just met. Later on, he asked them all to have a cup of coffee. Donghyuck was surprised how everyone could agree so easily? Didn't they have any work to do? Trying to clear his head, Donghyuck joined them and regretted it as Haewon kept putting him into the spotlight. The way the man hugged him made the younger uncomfortable. He could see people taking it into consideration and knew that after a few days, everyone would say they were "really close."

At some point, Donghyuck left, and it had to be the time he saw at least two people leaving. He went back to work, but couldn't focus. Sitting in a half-noisy office, he stared at the wall, until he reached the time he could leave to pick his son up. When he walked down the hallway, he still heard voices in that one room where Haewon gathered people. Weirded out by everyone and that they seemed to have no responsibilities, he passed by in a rush, with a thought he had to get out of there fast enough, so no one could see him.

On his way to Dongchan's school, he was left alone with his thoughts again. Donghyuck started to feel a growing urge to tell someone about his situation. Since he was closest to his family than any other person, he thought about which one of those people he should tell this to. This thought followed him even when he already picked Dongchan up. Driving off just in time as Mark exited the school, Donghyuck felt like his head was on fire. He didn't want to think about this alone as he was sure his decision wouldn't even be rational. He got his emotions involved, which had to be the worst.