The Flying Dutchman

It was raining now and I was soaked.

"Heave! Put your backs into it!"

We were setting the sails setting a course for somewhere I didn't know where though but I obeyed and did as I was told because I had already witnessed a whipping not even 5 minutes after I started my 150 years of servitude. A brawl had broken out and the one with the conch shell head who's name I didn't know, had gotten 10 lashes. I distracted myself by watched the ocean. It felt great to be at sea finally free from my burdens I watched the waves roll bye large and menacing and beautiful. With the dark clouds bringing buckets or rain along with loud claps of thunder and bright flashes of lightning. My thoughts were interrupted by someone yelling.

"Hey! Lassie! Quit lazin' around and make yerself useful!"  I heard Jones shout.

"I'm just enjoying the scenery," I said rather angrily.

"You're gonna be for for 150 years I'm sure you'll get a good look sometime." He replied sarcastically.

I gave him a look, but did as I was told.

I was beginning to regret this 'why did I say yes?' I thought angrily as I scrubbed the railing 'oh yeah, it's because I haven't got any family thanks to Maximus the man I thought I loved and Now I'm on the run, and I've got nowhere to go-' My thoughts were interrupted by the most beautiful sound.

It sounded like a pipe organ. I listened, it was the most beautiful song I've ever heard it started off sweet, then it went to booming and powerful, and then sad and mournful. I was completely distracted by the song I didn't noticed the sailor behind me I bumped into him and he fell below deck. The next thing I know I'm being held by the mast about to be whipped.

"What's going on out here?" Asked Jones.

"The new sailor you hired is already causing trouble," replied the fishy man who was about to whip me.

"What did she do?"

"Got distracted an' knocked me below deck."

"It was an accident!" I pleaded "I was distracted by the song that was playing and accidentally bumped into him!"

"What's the punishment?" Jones inquired.

"5 lashes." The man replied.

"Make it two, but let that be a warning to you lass, no more accidents."

I nodded quickly, two men suddenly ripped off the leather vest I was wearing, leaving me in my white shirt that was underneath. I quickly crossed my arms for modesty reasons, when a searing pain erupted from my back.

I did my best not to cry out, but then another one hit and I cried out that time.

"You had it easy lassie!" I heard someone shout.

"This...was easy?" I whispered between breaths, flinching at the pain.

I gingerly rubbed my back my hand, but felt a warm liquid once I did. I jerked my hand back and sure enough, the red color I was dreading showed clearly in the moonlight.

Blood.

I gingerly put my vest back on, then got back to work with difficulty. My back was on fire.

Hope you enjoyed!

Memes