Ambush

It took a full week to return to Nyx's island, and I had to get used to sleeping at nighttime again instead of daytime. Once I woke up I went on deck to join the crew. I got up to find the sun shining brightly and everyone at work.

"Good morning." I said, standing next to Davy.

"Good morning." He replied, I noticed he was in quite a good mood.

"You seem happy." I commented, smiling at him.

"I am." He said, returning the smile.

"Why's that?"

"Today's me one day on land."

My eyes widened.

"It is!? How do you know?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Remember when I drank the potion about a week ago, and said I felt like I could go anywhere?"

"Yeah?"

"I feel that today."

"Wow That's amazing!" I said happily. "To celebrate maybe we should walk on the beach to Nyx's hut instead of taking the river."

"Sounds like a good plan to me." Davy said happily. I had never seen him so cheerful and I was happy for him.

"Land ho!" I heard someone shout from the crow's nest.

"We're here." Davy breathed.

"We're finally going to get your heart back." I took his hand.

********************

Before I knew it we had stepped onto the beach.

"How does it feel?" I asked Davy, who had his eyes closed taking it all in.

"Amazing." He replied, smiling,

Jack came and joined us, then we made our way into the jungle, but as we went farther in something was beginning to feel off.

"Do you smell that?" I asked.

"Smoke." Davy said suddenly.

We quickly ran in the direction of Nyx's hut, only to see a bright orange glow on the trees around it.

"No no no no no no!" I muttered.

Once in a clearing, we saw it was up in flames.

"No!" I shouted.

I was about to jump in when Davy pulled me back.

"No lass, me chest is fireproof I'll be fine." He looked closer at the fire.

"This is fresh." Jack said. "If were quick, we should be able to catch whoever did this."

We quickly made our way back to the beach, but as I was about to go through the trees surrounding the beach I felt a hand cover my mouth and pull me back.

I tried to scream but it was muffled by the hand over my mouth, so instead I kicked and to my satisfaction I heard a strained cry behind me. The hand on my mouth let go for a second and I chose that moment to scream loudly, but a second later a rag was tied around my mouth so I couldn't scream or make any other noise.

"Bring her to the ship, quickly!" Said an all to familiar voice.

I tried to scream and fight harder but to no avail, as I was thrown across whoever was carrying me's shoulder.

We eventually made it to the other side of the island.

"Untie her." Said the voice again.