The Red Emerald

We sailed towards the island and once close enough, me, Davy, and several other crew members were preparing to enter one of the lifeboats.

"Davy, do you have the potion Nyx gave you?" I asked. "Now would be a good time to take it."

"Yes." He pulled it out of his coat and opened the lid. "Bottom's up." He drank it.

We waited for a few seconds. "Well?" I asked. "How do you feel?"

He paused for a moment. "Not to different..." He suddenly doubled over, wrenching.

"Davy!" I cried. "Are you ok?"

"...yeah." He managed to say after a moment, standing straight again. "I think it was the potion."

"How do you feel now?" I asked.

He thought for a moment.

"Like I can go anywhere I want." He said at last.

********************

Several moments later we docked at the island and stepped out of the lifeboats. It took Davy a moment to work up the courage to step out.

"Come on." I said, taking his hand. "I'll go with you."

He took a deep breath. "Alright."

He cautiously stepped out, nothing happened.

"It worked!" I exclaimed happily.

Davy cheered and hugged me until we were interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat, it was Jack.

"Well if your all done with..." he gestured at us with his hands. "Whatever that is, shall we get a move on?"

"Yes we probably should." I said, pulling away. I probably looked like a tomato.

Random photo of my cat who is next to me because she's so cute!

We made our way deeper into the island until we came across a cave, it was pitch black inside.

"Did we bring any torches?" I asked.

"No, sorry lass." Davy replied.

"It's ok...I'll just hang onto your arm for guidance."

Davy's skin turned shade darker and Jack made gagging sounds as I linked my arm through his and entered the cave.

"Why is it so bloody cold in here?" I heard Jack's voice.

I suddenly felt something crush my foot.

"Ouch! That was my foot!"

"Apologies lass- Ow!" Jack exclaimed.

He hopped on one foot as his other was mysteriously crushed.

"Boys!" I hissed.